Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Dienstdolch authenticity (pics included)

Article about: Looking good. Just turn the leather hanger around so that the strap goes around the hanger ring. The clip would fasten to the belt hanger loop. Cheers, Ade.

Default SA Dienstdolch authenticity (pics included)

Good day gentlemen. Here is another dagger I am looking into. Everything seems to be OK, except one corner on the lower cross guard. Other than that, I think it looks to be good. Opinions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dienstdolch authenticity (pics included)   SA Dienstdolch authenticity (pics included)  

SA Dienstdolch authenticity (pics included)   SA Dienstdolch authenticity (pics included)  

SA Dienstdolch authenticity (pics included)   SA Dienstdolch authenticity (pics included)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dienstdolch authenticity (pics included)
    P
    Many

Default re: SA Dienstdolch authenticity (pics included)

Looks fine to me, Haco is pretty desirable too, I think being from Berlin and not Solingen like most others.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

That looks well preserved.

Looks good from the research i've done.

Great dagger the scabbard is in cracking condition also and the letter B stamped on crossguard...... spot on (as it should have)
    cheers Ronnie
    Last edited by 85ronnies; 04-03-2012 at 08:50 PM.

What would be a good market price for this one? Thanks for the replies.

Looks like a very nice one. $750-$800.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

I am a collector of this maker and would buy this one without question. Every HACO SA is hand numbered inside on the grip wood and one of the crossguards. It is the only maker I have seen do this. If you do not purchase it, please let me know where it is as I would like to have it. Nice one. I think the price mentioned above is correct for ont in the condition that one is in.

Mark

Hi D103097s,, thats some User name! anyway can you take one photo for me of the scabbard without the direct flash,, the flash itself washes out the image and gives a false impression of a hue covering the scabbard. The dagger as a whole looks great, right down to the long nosed hanger clip.
    @ Big Ned....It has been assumed that Haco or the real entity Haco Gmbh which was a supplier of the dagger and never really made the dagger itself. It has been thought the this dagger was produced in the Suhl area. Noticeably different the crossguards almost resemble that of the 3 big Suhl makers Haenal Kober and Saur as their crossguard step was lower .,, whereas the Haco guard was the opposite,, meaning the step was normal as most commonly seen SA daggers but the bottom of the Haco guard was less,, giving that thin appearance. Truly a work of art to behold and very desirable as this dagger maker, Made these daggers solely for Berlin. take notice to the oak grip as the Suhl makers and Melzer and Feller maker had the same type of wood. This dagger alone being in the hands of the Berlin SA has alot of history behind it in the early days of struggle while Rohm was still alive. Speculation also says that the Berlin SA took part in the Reichstag fire ( through Hermann Goring) and was not set by Van der lubbe but used him as a scape goat. Whats great about this dagger is that it was not distributed all over Germany like Eickhorn ,Pack and other numerous makers. This dagger was more centralized in one Hot spot area. Its exciting and chilling to know that these daggers and their owners were practically standing and guarding Hitler himself and other top characters. This is what I see in a Haco SA regards Larry.........but i still would like to see another photo of the scabbard without the flash

Good wood fit-grip and blade condition is excellent and a desirable maker. Complete with a nice hanger. The value assessment is right on target-if it's that or below, definitely a decent piece to purchase.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast