Become our sponsor and display your banner here

SA Dienstdolch by EP & S

Article about: My wife and I have just obtained a brown shirt daggar as a result of a death in the family. Hidden away in a drawer was a daggar with the SA insignia on top of brown handle. the blade is ins

jack Carpenter
    ?

Default SA Dienstdolch by EP & S

My wife and I have just obtained a brown shirt daggar as a result of a death in the family. Hidden away in a drawer was a daggar with the SA insignia on top of brown handle. the blade is inscribed "filles fur Deutfchland. On the other side of the blade is the maker marker EPS with a figure of a dancer (with arm in air) underneth the name solingen. The sheath is also brown with a brownish silver at tip and top of sheath. On the part where the handle and blade attached is the word NO. We would like to know the value of this item.

2. # ADS

Default re: SA Dienstdolch by EP & S

Any chance you can post some pics? These can go anywhere from $400 into the thousands depending on condition and maker.
    Cheers!

Rob

Hi Jack and welcome to the forum, first up can you post pictures of it?

EP&S was a good maker of these daggers and it appears this one might be a 33 nickel type, with an anodised scabbard as opposed to a later painted one.

Price will always be dependant on condition, and the better condition it is the better price you will realise. Ball park figure, to sell, to a collector would be between 200-500

To realise the higher price it should be a good blade with crossgraining, not many "spots" on the reverse, good handle with SA button, and eagle intact, and a good solid scabbard, preferably with a small hanger

Incidently its "Alles"
    which is All for Germany

Hope this helps

PHILBROWN
    ?

hello jack welcome here to the forum, im affraid manners and friendlyness are prevelent here so asking for help with a little please and thank you may help you in your quest, guess would be between 250 and 350 uk or 400 to 600 in bucks, depending on condition, retail not dealer price