Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dienstdolch - Real or Replica?

Article about: Dear War Relics Experts As stated on my very first poste on this forum (http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-die...eplica-733894/) I am a newby when it comes to dagger expertise and besides an S

Default SA Dienstdolch - Real or Replica?

Dear War Relics Experts

As stated on my very first poste on this forum (Personalized SS Dagger Eickhorn - Real or Replica?) I am a newby when it comes to dagger expertise and besides an SS Dagger I might buy, I also get offered the SA Dagger you can see documented as per the pictures below. The pictures are not of perfect quality (there is a chance I get some better ones) but they are all I have at the moment. Would be great if some of you could take a look and let me know what you think of this potential piece of history.

Best regards & thanks very much
    Raphael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dienstdolch - Real or Replica?   SA Dienstdolch - Real or Replica?  

SA Dienstdolch - Real or Replica?   SA Dienstdolch - Real or Replica?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dienstdolch - Real or Replica?
    P
    Many

A Unigue motto font which is common with this producer ..yet another age grey blade.
    The SA Gruppe "Om" is the correct designation ..but the crossguard has been reversed which this mark should appear on the reverse side of the dagger.

One of the rarely seen produced daggers appearing at a whopping rarity scale 9 ...10 being the rarest. Nice addition to any SA collection.
    very collectible for those who collect by the producer.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Again: Thanks Larry! Also interested in what other might want to add...

Best,
    Raphael

Hi Larry, Hi Forum

Unfortunately it seems that the offer that was made to me related to the above dagger is fake. The guy that offered it to me seems to be well known of making such almost too-good-to-be-true type offerings. His trick is that he requires you to pay like half the price to him so that he then ships the dagger to you....only that the dagger shipping part of the process never seems to happen! Also he sits in Poland so in case you are sitting elsewhere, it is kind of difficult to get your money back.

Anyhow....seems to be another case of "if it's too good to be true...it probably is not true"....but still very frustrating!

Thanks to you, and especially Larry, for your help here!

Best,
    Raphael

As said in the SS dagger forum :

Then with this person...this is only a photo of A dagger that is not in his possession and is using it as a scam advertisement as most scammers by stealing photos from websites such as these to further their short comings in reputation and honesty. Im glad you found out early and NEVER send money to anyone you dont know in this hobby. Try to work with a Third party person who may know the seller or deal with a very reputable seller.

Searching in this manner may take a bit longer..but worth the wait that you were not ripped off by a hoax.
    So ....this is still a win for you which you still have your money in your pocket.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill