Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Dienstdolch Rohm Dagger looks Fishy

Article about: I was looking at some daggers for sale on Gun Broker today and came across this dagger. Figured I would post to see what the members feel about it. I am pretty sure it is same seller as the

Default SA Dienstdolch Rohm Dagger looks Fishy

I was looking at some daggers for sale on Gun Broker today and came across this dagger. Figured I would post to see what the members feel about it. I am pretty sure it is same seller as the High Honor dagger I posted a little while back. That dagger auction sold for $28,000. The handle looks so repro or owner was a big gun guy and liked crosshatching. The insignias look computer etched. The blade crosshatch also look suspect.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dienstdolch Rohm Dagger looks Fishy   SA Dienstdolch Rohm Dagger looks Fishy  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dienstdolch Rohm Dagger looks Fishy
    P
    Many

?

What is up with that logo... its like they aren't even trying.

I'm not 100 sure but I m fairly certain this manufacturer did not produce Rohm inscribed blades. And if that is the case the whole thing is worthless.

Brian

Correct Brian they did not..but a relative named David Malsch may have with no connection to producing Rohm daggers for Malsch & Ambron
    The grip is a period enhancement and professionally made.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

So this piece is potentially period correct or has some correct components but not the blade itself? The pictures are not the best especially of the logo, dedication, and MM. I tried to isolate a decent picture of the gruppe mark it looks like it maybe?? is he which would be correct for the David Malsch attribute? But I agree the handle carving is high quality and impressive in its own right. Hope to hear or learn more about this piece. Kindest regards.

Brian

SA Dienstdolch Rohm Dagger looks FishySA Dienstdolch Rohm Dagger looks FishySA Dienstdolch Rohm Dagger looks FishySA Dienstdolch Rohm Dagger looks FishySA Dienstdolch Rohm Dagger looks FishySA Dienstdolch Rohm Dagger looks FishySA Dienstdolch Rohm Dagger looks Fishy

SA Gruppe Nrh - Neiderhein and does not belong with a Malsch dagger

the blade is junk or has been altered
    the grip is period correct as a personal enhancement from the original SA mann

The dagger is parted

Ashame that someone altered the blade. Original fittings mixed producers
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for clearing that up Larry. It is a shame. So the Rohmm blade inscription or ground Rohmm would be possible on a David Malsch blade with this logo? I was trying to look up the numbers of Rohmm makers there seems to be much debate on that. I ve seen estimates from I think five or six up to twenty makers? A comprehensive list would help narrow down questions on pieces like this. Best regard as always.

Brian

Tom Johnson has included such SA daggers with carved grips in is references. One of the first Pioneers in collecting and writing about in details bringing the hobby out of the shadows and into existence. No one had no identification of so many dagger types or so many types within one category.

Before Tom Johnson was James Attwood ..deemed CIAs dagger King who got into Solingen first before Johnson.
    Attwood is the guy who parted together some fantasy pieces and are under current discussions today.
    James Attwood wrote his own reference with some good and bad pieces portrayed in his book. Johnson Followed suit with a more clear understanding ..then Tom Wittmann there after.

The Hobby exploded in the mid to late 1980s ..and the years of digital technology brought forth more research and depth of all the Military and political branches of the Third Reich.

Regards Larry

There is no example to exist that David Malsch did produce Rohm daggers or maybe just a handful ? If there is such an example..it would be tucked away in a private collection as British collector Neal Jackson says there is such an example.

In this hobby ..proof through photos are a necessity.

Being reasonably familiar with period checkering on German and some other guns I tend to look at some of the more exacting details of the workmanship. To date the best either of undetermined and/or possibly PW Belgium origin performed by well experienced artisans. The worst by those who were trying to learn that skill set either here or possibly somewhere else. Looking at the overall undersized grip, relation of the grip 'shoulders' to the cross-guards etc. etc. those factors just by themselves would have me looking elsewhere for something to put in my collection. Best Regards, Fred

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast