Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Dienstdolch RZM M7/12 (WFM Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg)

Article about: Hello all, Third dagger here. It is (or is purporting to be) a RZM M7/12 SA dagger. As most of you know RZM M7/12 is Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg. I really don't like this dagger. The scabbar

?

Default SA Dienstdolch RZM M7/12 (WFM Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg)

Hello all,

Third dagger here. It is (or is purporting to be) a RZM M7/12 SA dagger. As most of you know RZM M7/12 is Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg.

I really don't like this dagger. The scabbard looks like it may stand a chance, late was style painted sheath. The daggers blade does not look good, the makers mark & etching are very faint and not deep at all. The RZM mark looks like someone stamped in on and took a grinder to it. The plated fittings are coming apart, with quite a bit of space in between them & the wooden handle. The eagle & SA roundel look jammed into the handle & protrude in certain areas.

What do you guys think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dienstdolch RZM M7/12 (WFM Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg)   SA Dienstdolch RZM M7/12 (WFM Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg)  

SA Dienstdolch RZM M7/12 (WFM Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg)   SA Dienstdolch RZM M7/12 (WFM Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg)  

SA Dienstdolch RZM M7/12 (WFM Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg)   SA Dienstdolch RZM M7/12 (WFM Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dienstdolch RZM M7/12 (WFM Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg)
    P
    Many

Hi Doug, it is basically original, but the grip looks like a home made replacement done to restore the dagger.

Pass on it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I have a suspicion that the blade may be a replacement, considering its condition vis-a-vis the scabbard...I've had a few of these over the years but do not claim expertise...Possibly a Parts-Dagger, in my opinion...
    Glenn

all I can see is a SA dagger that needs some tlc.

?

Glenn, so you think this may be a legitimate blade?

Harry, just an SA dagger in bad condition you think?

What do you guys think about the handle?

All the parts are original in my opinion, bar the grip.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank you Adrian! The handle is what I disliked the most. Expecially with the eagle and roundel protruding like they do.

I don't see any fake parts either...
    Glenn

?

Thank you Glenn. So just a salty been there dagger.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Doug, it is basically original, but the grip looks like a home made replacement done to restore the dagger.

Pass on it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade, when you say home made replacement, do you mean period done after damage was sustained to the dagger or one done post war to "complete" the dagger?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast