Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SA Dienstdolch: She ain't pretty but is she matching?

Article about: I'm interested in purchasing this dagger (cheap, I'll have you know). Now, I'm aware that in terms of salty this dagger is the Atlantic Ocean - but apart from all that, how does it look in t

Default re: SA Dienstdolch: She ain't pretty but is she matching?

As Kingtiger said, it will not get any better. As S A daggers are quite common, I might suggest saving your money and buying an early dagger for a few hundred more that does not have the issues of this piece. I have never been a collector of relic condition pieces. If I ever need to sell, it is far easier to move an item in excellent condition over one in poor condition.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Good advice IMO from two well experienced collectors. When I first began collecting a friend of mine who was a more advanced collector offered me his insight. He said that when it comes time to to trade or sell a marginal piece you are going to be haggling over this defect and and that. And when one thing is put to rest another will start up. But when all the other party can argue about is the price - life becomes much easier. FP

?

Well, thanks again everyone for all of your input - as it happens, the seller very unhelpfully made me wait two days after my enquiry was made only to tell me the dagger had been sold. As you can imagine, I was super pleased about that! . it's alright, though, I'll try to hold out for a better one. What do people think of this for $450?

Thanks,

Robbie

Robbie, I think that this one is a better place to spend your money than the first one you posted.
    Any photos of the maker mark?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

This early nickel silver SA is simply out of the ballpark compared to the "one that got away". You will not be sorry you stayed away from the nasty RZM "starter" dagger that other one was. Another member said you could sell the parts of that RZM if nothing else. Honestly, there were no parts worth much at all, it was (in my opinion) trash. You are moving in the right direction now.

Something has pried the lower skirt of the top scabbard fitting and you may get a better price if you point this out to the seller.

Mark

?

Good looking dagger. Only "issue" is the skirt.

?

Here's the maker's mark:

I would jump on that one like a bird on a junebug.

Mark

Quote by Styx View Post
    Here's the maker's mark:
    For that price and with that maker's mark on it, I would jump on it as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Oh, is this a rare maker's mark then? excellent. It's always great to have reassurance from all of you on the forum, to know that these items have all of your approval too . That's why it's so great to be a part of this! I've reserved this dagger (yes, it is available!) and should within a couple of weeks be able to pay for it. My quest for an SA dagger is over! Thanks for the support everyone!

Kind regards,

Robbie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast