Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dienstdolch Without any markings, End War Manufacture?

Article about: Hello i have this seller with this Sa Dagger No Markings, Late period or a Bad one? Only have these photos, already asked for more. Any opinions please? Thanks

Default SA Dienstdolch Without any markings, End War Manufacture?

Hello i have this seller with this Sa Dagger
    No Markings, Late period or a Bad one? Only have these photos, already asked for more.
    Any opinions please?
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dienstdolch Without any markings, End War Manufacture?   SA Dienstdolch Without any markings, End War Manufacture?  

SA Dienstdolch Without any markings, End War Manufacture?   SA Dienstdolch Without any markings, End War Manufacture?  

SA Dienstdolch Without any markings, End War Manufacture?   SA Dienstdolch Without any markings, End War Manufacture?  

Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dienstdolch Without any markings, End War Manufacture?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA Dienstdolch Without any markings, End War Manufacture?

Hi Salonete,, you pretty much answered your own question as this was a post war put together. Some dagger manufacturers bought finished blades from blade manufacturers and put on the logo after the dagger was assembled at their factory. On most of the dagger tangs there is foundry mark that will show who made the blade. If you can post a photo of the tang,, it would answer a question at least who made the blade,, which it was highly possible that it was a larger dagger firm. Your dagger is made up of early to late parts,, and has been opened at some point.
    This dagger was put together either right after the end of the war or some time much later. There was a surplus of extra parts left over from the many dagger firms and after the allies liberated Germany,, the hunt for soveneirs began. Most Service men wanted a dagger to bring home and some were assembled right there for a few dollars,, and then there is that very good possibility that this could of been put together within the last 10 years. There is an even type shine and slight lifting through out the whole dagger. When this was put together,, it stayed that way. This is a one of a kind dagger and rarely we see these once in awhile. Some collectors like to have an unfinished blade into their collection! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you Larry for your expertise, and what do you think about buying it? All Pieces are good ?
    I love this ones but they are a bit expensive for me, this one is on sale for 300 euros.
    Again Thanks LArry

Hi Salonete,, I think that price would be a little high for me,, for what it is and the condition it is in. If it were me,, and just to have it in my collection,, I would pay $200 for it because of the unfinished blade. The decision is up to you though and it depends how much you want it. From what I can see in the photos it looks good,, but the traditional "in hand inspection" would satisfy any doubts.
    With this type of dagger just remember it is a collectible as the parts are from the Third Reich period,,, but this dagger In My opinion was never carried by an SA mann. If you like it...Go for it!! Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I would honestly save your money.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Again thank you both Adrian and LArry, i will pass it, see here in Portugal its very dificult to buy these things we can buy off country but then the postage its to high some cases its almost equal. An example i was willing to buy a VM 37 Full Boxed for 40€ and shipping was 30€.
    Thanks A lot once more.