Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dress Dagger

Article about: Hello all Annoyed from this ads?   I was just offered this PUMA , SA dagger with no scabbard. The guys wants \\$200. Is this a good deal ? Photos attached ! Thanks

Default SA Dress Dagger

Hello all

I was just offered this PUMA , SA dagger with no scabbard. The guys wants $200. Is this a good deal ?

Photos attached !

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Dress Dagger   SA Dress Dagger  

SA Dress Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dress Dagger
    P
    Many

Hello HistoryR. The blade is worn down..and is only worth what you want to pay for it. The dagger is early which the guards and grip are in good condition...for $400 more you can get a decent early SA dagger in better condition if you shop around. For myself..if I wanted to buy that try negotiating lower. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The price on this one is the guards with its grip, more to restore aPuma with a damaged grip/Guard then to display as it is: the blade is polished to death to get rid of the rust and pitting.
    You will get a hard time finding an early scabbard with a throath that will fit the curve of the lower guards for a decent fit.

Take Larry's advise at heart and save a bit more to buy a decent one.

Regars,
    Ger

?

As others have said I would invest my pennies in a better piece. Nicer SA daggers are currently available in this forums classified section

I would personally consider an SS dagger in rough condition without scabbard at the right (=low) price - but with an SA, considering the relative abundance of examples out there and the not TOO high prices, I'd rather opt for a complete one in better condition as others have said before me.