Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Ground Rohm authenticity

Article about: Hello, i was looking to purchase my first SA dagger and found this one for a decent price. It is sold by, what seems to be, a reputable dealer on a weapons auction site. Looks to be from the

Default SA Ground Rohm authenticity

Hello, i was looking to purchase my first SA dagger and found this one for a decent price. It is sold by, what seems to be, a reputable dealer on a weapons auction site. Looks to be from the mid thirties. Any opinion on the authenticity/value is appreciated. I can provide more pictures once the dealer has sent them to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Ground Rohm authenticity   SA Ground Rohm authenticity  

SA Ground Rohm authenticity   SA Ground Rohm authenticity  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Ground Rohm authenticity
    P
    Many

More photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Ground Rohm authenticity   SA Ground Rohm authenticity  

SA Ground Rohm authenticity   SA Ground Rohm authenticity  

The condition looks decent to my eye and i can haggle the price down from $325, dealer looks keen on closing up the deal. Any opinion would be helpful, considering its being sold through the internet.
    - Regards, Ian

I would say its an original dagger ,not the greatest cond,grip has a couple pretty good cracks,not much plating left on grip parts,blade has been cleaned,beat him down all you can say to between 250.00 and 300.00 and you will be ok.JMO

Hello welcome to the forum. I'm not 100 percent comfortable with cross guard to grip fit, imo the lower guard should be gruppe marked this being an early dagger. Potentially a parts dagger? Or at least it was disassembled and put back together incorrectly/ with the tang nut having been over tightened causing the grip splitting. It may be a stretch in saying so the blade may of been a rohm dedication, as the Eickhorn logo seems low in relationship to the lower cross guard, but that s just an observation. The blade guys will be along soon to give you further opinions. Enjoy your stay here. Best regards.

Brian

MAP
    ?

Welcome Ian,

Someone should be around shortly. Not my area of expertise. But this one if original has seen a hard life. It does look like it has been opened up (look at the marks on the screw) and then overly tightened causing the cracking to the handle.

Have a look at these two sites for examples in much nicer condition (albeit with higher prices as well). High quality dealers with good reputations.

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/Germa...#Early-Daggers

Wittmann Antique Militaria - SA Daggers (Sturmabteilung) Section

Edit: Brian beat me to it (probably by 20 seconds or so!) and TC by 1 min
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you for the welcoming and information. Like i said, this my first blade and i do not mind if its a little beat up. This is as long as all the parts are original, albeit even with a later produced cross grip. I'm thinking of jumping on it if i can get the price below $300. A blade opinion would helpful as well.
    - Regards, Ian

Hi Ian Welcome to the forum .
    I feel Toecutters thoughts on value would be about right. Although the fittings are authentic ...not all of them belong with this dagger.

Missing 2 scabbard screws
    The dagger has been opened as seen on the plier marks on the tang nut..so this dagger has been disassembled.
    The grip is not Eickhorn which would explain the concerns mentioned by Biswula. Eickhorns grips show larger grip triangles top and bottom...this more appears to be an Ernst pack Grip..due to it being a Fruitwood type that Ernst Pack Used..plus the wood being lighter.

That also would explain the grip to crossguard fit not being tight..and the shoulders of the wood grip being raised above the guard.
    The blade photo is not the best at all and blurry....I would like to see clearer photos on the logo ..as it appears something else is going on with it..but in some areas it looks good.

If you can get this for $275 for being a parts dagger...then you did well. I know many may be on a tight budget and the opportunity to afford a piece of this history does not come around too cheaply.
    Maybe later in the future ..check out our forum sponsor Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals ..as member MAP " Michael has suggested.

By the way ...yes this dagger is from the early production period between 1934-35. Alot of history with these early daggers and the SA men who carried them..ushering Hitler into power.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

To what Larry said. This is similar to the Manufacturers Hanover "Any Car" (If anyone is old enough to remember).

Is it a car? Yes. Is it all made by the same company? No

So is it an SA dagger? Yes. Is it all made by the same company? No

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by map View Post
    to what larry said. This is similar to the manufacturers hanover "any car" (if anyone is old enough to remember).

Is it a car? Yes. Is it all made by the same company? No

so is it an sa dagger? Yes. Is it all made by the same company? No

well said , short and sweet and to the point

horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast