MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Ground Rohm Daggers

Article about: i may pick these up and wondering if they seem correct, guy is offering in a trade but the ground daggers look about rough. wondering if they seem correct, also trying to get a few people to

Default SA Ground Rohm Daggers

i may pick these up and wondering if they seem correct, guy is offering in a trade but the ground daggers look about rough. wondering if they seem correct, also trying to get a few people to help me read the inscription on one of the scabbard throat fittings i believe to have been done by a u.s veteran in 1945.
    any help is always greatly appreciated , lately i have been finding a massive amount of bringback items
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Ground Rohm Daggers   SA Ground Rohm Daggers  

SA Ground Rohm Daggers   SA Ground Rohm Daggers  

SA Ground Rohm Daggers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Ground Rohm Daggers
    P
    Many

Hi Chuck..could you post the daggers separately in their own forums..especially the Heer dagger.

I would like to see all of these daggers front and back pics of grip crossguards , blade and scabbard.
    I like what I see so far.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I am to meet with the guy that has them in the morning. These are the only pictures he could before running to work. I believe the sa daggers to be. Correct they do not look to be in the best of condition. The here dagger wasn't really offered but I may grab it too. I think he said it is a Carl eickhorn but I will have to take pictures when I see it or get it. I was just posting to get everyone's opinions based on these overall shots. I will try to get better pictures in the morning from the seller or when I am at location, I know condition is everything and the sa daggers do not look to be so hot so probably not super valuable but neat in their own right as a part of History.

Nice to see these not so common Rohm dagger producers. Aesculap and Anton Wingen.

Interesting Vet scribed wording …" Frankenstein Summer?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I'm not sure what it reads.I almost thought that's what it said too LOL.

I may try to mess with the photos and change the colors and hue again to see if it will appear any different I figure the more people that look at it maybe we'll to come up with something.

Guys I have seen daggers like this in a similar condition 'which is a little bit rough' sell from anywhere from 400 to 6 or $700... " and that is on a few dealers websites i have reviewed.

Im thinking the fully ground aesculap with rough blade may bring 400 as it looks to have a pitted blade on front and cleaned and possibly sharpened....
    And say about the same for the anton wingen with partial inscription maybe 500???

?

The army dagger has an eickhorn type 4 guard and is a very late zinq version, i cant see if the pommel fits, but looking at the big seam it might well be a generic pommel.
    Better pics are needed.

Ger

ok guys i got em, lets start with the rhom with partial iscription by anton wingen. also inscribed is capt robert j. Lewis easter sunday 1945 frankenstein germany
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Ground Rohm Daggers   SA Ground Rohm Daggers  

?

That not Frankenstein
    look at the E in Germany...
    i will figger it out when i can find the time

Ger

iheres more pics, i appreciate it guys. i like this one the most because of the inscription....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Ground Rohm Daggers  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast