Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SA Gruppe marks known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers

Article about: Below is a compilation of Dagger producers and their Gruppe mark designation to help identify the districts that the “Early” SA dagger was distributed to. To date, this is an updated list of

?

Larry here an Aug.Knecht with the No Gau
    SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers
    P
    Many

?

Larry i got a new one for you
    Weltersback gruppe Hochland HO
    its a lovely dagger..

regards,
    Ger
    SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and ManufacturersSA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and ManufacturersSA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers

?

DAVID MALSCH Gruppe mark Fr
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers  

?

SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and ManufacturersSA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and ManufacturersSA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and ManufacturersSA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers
    Klittermann & Moog for Gruppe Wm.
    Last edited by alikat; 01-16-2015 at 08:43 PM.

Hi Al We would love to see a thread started on your Klittermann & Moog..this is an SA Producer that is rarely encountered. Looking forward to it

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry Co from post 1: SA Gruppe “W” – Feldhernhalle does appear in the same SA district as “Ho”- Hochland as Munich is within this district which includes the Feldhernhalle memorial. An ever so small amount of SA daggers with this Gruppe mark is rarely found.

"W" is of course Wachstandarte and existed practically in every district for guarding the High Commands in every district. In fact this was created in December 1935 (in October 1934 it had been re-organized while one would get rid of the Stabswache-indication). September 11, 1936 the Wachstandarte was renamed into Feldherrnhalle. Until this date the "W"-abbreviation was used. In the Feldherrnhale beginnings six Sturmbanne existed: I = Gütegotz near Berlin; II = Erding near Munich; III = Hattingen (Ruhr); IV = Fichtenhain near Krefeld; V = Stettin and VI = Stuttgart/Bad Cannstadt. In 1938 Wien was added and during the war Stahnsdorf.
    The "W"-abbreviation so was in use globally from December 1935 through fall 1936 and had nothing to do with the SA-district of Hochland. In fact not even one year!

In my gorget-book page 459 I showed a photo from a "W"-member (Willi Biller), he lived in the Ruhr-area! The same photo was already shown in volume 3 from the series "Headgear of Hitlers Germany", page 425.

In some ways the "Wachstandarten" and surely the "Feldherrnhalle" were assigned to the Adjutantur des Stabschefs, located at Berlin (Voszstrasse), which was lead by the Chef der Adjutantur und persönlicher Adjutant des Stabsschefs Gruppenführer Erich Reimann.
    See enclosed adress-listing from July 1, 1937 from the Die Oberste SA-Führung - Zentralabteilung: in relation to the Feldherrnhalle and note the adress.

Even the phone-number was the same. In later years the "Feldherrnhalle" (FH) was not included within any of the SA-groups, but was III in the adress-lists, located at Berlin-Dahlem (I was the Adjutantur at Berlin; II was the Oberste SA-Führung at Munich and IV was the Reichsschule der SA at Dresden). Since its existance the "Feldherrnhalle" was directly assigned to the Chief-of-Staff, being Lutze (the Chief of the FH was Hermann Göring, as such appointed January 12, 1937).

By the way: the "W" abbreviation disappeared in the "Organisationsbuch der NSDAP" from 1938. Page 389 does not include the old abbreviation, nor a new abbreviation.
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 01-16-2015 at 03:29 PM.

Hi Guys I have a Carl Eikhorn SA dagger with gruppe mark OM and the H E marking inside the crossgards, maybe its something to add to the list.

Regards Rafael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers   SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers  

Hi Rafael..very good and a nice find. "Om" OstMark..was more of a rarer Gruppe mark to acquire by SA collectors..yet I cross referenced the guard markings which are in house produced guards. I added this gruppe mark to the list..thankyou for your contribution..to the data base and this thread.

I would of loved to see a grip on the dagger to dress it up some. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry
    It,s a nice dagger in good shape only he has a flat ball on the scabbard fitting.
    Here are some pics from the grip.

Regards Rafael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers   SA Gruppe marks  known to Dagger Producers and Manufacturers  

?

A VERY nice dagger Rafael. Thank you for sharing.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast