Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SA High Leader Dagger by Eickhorn

Article about: Well Gents......Again I can not describe what photos would describe best. After being graced with the permission to post such great photos and a supreme example of an SA High Leaders dagger.

Default SA High Leader Dagger by Eickhorn

Well Gents......Again I can not describe what photos would describe best. After being graced with the permission to post such great photos and a supreme example of an SA High Leaders dagger.....Currently for sale on Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals and who is one of the WRFs esteemed forum sponsers....below in his words describe what we can only dream of owning in our Edged Weapon collections.

Rare dagger and most are sold before they even hit the site. Blade is a beauty example with strong true maiden-hair pattern that we always find on honor blades. This blade pitted when I got it so I decided to have it professionally restored. Motto is nice with much gilt remaining. The reverse featured the early small oval Eickhorn maker mark, the ONLY maker you should ever see on these M33 Models. The blade rates an Exc++/NM. Scabbard has been releathered with original correct leather. The leather goes right up to the unique silver fittings and not under them. The leather coverage is 100%. Scabbard body is dent-free. The unique honor fittings are solid silver. They are in NM condition showing burnish to the backgrounds. The ball is perfect. Absolutely beauty Eickhorn grip displays superior grains. No chips or cracks, just some normal pressure marks from normal wear. The silver eagle is perfectly fit. Roundel retains 100% of enamel. The silver plated crossguards are all hand chased. Blade is perfectly set into the crossguard. All matching patina. These early honor SA's are earlier and rarer than the chained examples. Yes it has had some restoration work and I have fully disclosed everything. A wonderful piece that is sure to be the highlight of any collection. NM. Ok, many thanks my friends for your inquiries. Although I hate doing this, after a couple requests I carefully disassembled the dagger. The tang is correctly marked and the crossguards and grip are internally numbered as we often see with these pieces. ( Paul Hogle )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA High Leader Dagger by Eickhorn   SA High Leader Dagger by Eickhorn  

SA High Leader Dagger by Eickhorn   SA High Leader Dagger by Eickhorn  

Attached Images Attached Images SA High Leader Dagger by Eickhorn  SA High Leader Dagger by Eickhorn 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA High Leader Dagger by Eickhorn
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA High Leader Dagger by Eickhorn

More photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA High Leader Dagger by Eickhorn   SA High Leader Dagger by Eickhorn  

SA High Leader Dagger by Eickhorn  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

WOW! Just looked at it on his site. Most banks won't give you a car loan for that amount, lol. What a beauty.

One of the cream of the crops.
    Thanks for the pics Larry.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hi Eric and Helmetone.....yes definitely a high end example of craftmanship. The thanks goes to Paul..but I just wanted to bring forth what is not seen hardly at all,,, in up close detailed photos. Modest Regards Larry

?

Im speechless........

Very nice indeed. As stated in the description, some restoration work has been carried out, and that makes me wonder if that includes the grip as to my eyes it's a pretty poor fit in several places when looked at closely.

I know that a certain amount of shrinkage is often found and is acceptable, but to be honest, I have seen other plain ordinary SA/SS daggers shown on this forum with a grip that is not a perfect fit yet still a better one than that seen on this 40 grand dagger that have been called into question by members here as to whether they are original to the dagger as a whole or have probably been replaced, sometimes what's refered to as a 'parts dagger'.

I find this a little odd, I'm not saying it's a case of double standards or nepotism, but it is NOT consistant with other cases where far more humble, mass produced blades have been discussed/dismissed and the genuineness of the piece has been called into question as a whole on the basis of a grip that whilst not a perfect, is certainly a better wood to metal fit than this high end craftsman made one.

Is it possible that the overall rarity and it's undoubted appearance as a thing of beauty, has caused scales to fall over certain peoples eyes who would in other circumstances be quick out of the blocks to mention these concerns? Or is it me being 'misguided' as usual and making something up out of nothing?

Absit Invidia, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Wow...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Wow...
    Talk of the devil.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Did I miss something?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast