Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sa honor dagger, a good one??

Article about: Compare the pic's Larry hyperlinked to. Look at the pattern in the Damascus. The offset "Alles Fur Deutschland" Its a NO!!!! Just trying to help. Semper Fi Phil

Default Sa honor dagger, a good one??

Hello everybody!

This is my second thread regarding an SA dagger... the valued expertise of the forum members on the below SA Honor Dagger, would be greatly appreciated! Is this a good one?

Many thanks in advance and very best regards,

Jose

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sa honor dagger, a good one??
    P
    Many

The grip doesn't fit the guards. The blade has visible gaps beneath the lower guard. If it were genuine, it would be 5 figures-or, to put it another way, it would be enough value to buy a Nice new car...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The grip doesn't fit the guards. The blade has visible gaps beneath the lower guard. If it were genuine, it would be 5 figures-or, to put it another way, it would be enough value to buy a Nice new car...
    Hi Wagriff!

Thank you for your post. I have a very small knowledge in III Reich Militaria, this is why I always prefer to ask the opinion of experts, before to buy...

This dagger is currently on offer at "Berniner Auktionhaus" with a start price of 8.000 euros (10.700 usd), and they assured me it is 100% genuine!!! What a shame... I was told by some collectors that it is a reliable auction house...

I think the upper guard and the grip itself were incorrectly refitted after disassembled, giving that wrong impression (last photo), but the first photo of the handle shows the grip perfectly fitting both the guards. Please note, - last photo has been taken in a deep perspective, giving the false impression that the handle is thicker in the lower portion than it actually is.

Again many thanks, let's wait for more opinions...

Very best regards,

Jose

Hi Jose,,there is alot obvious wrong with this dagger..in many ways.....I like how there is more gold gilding on the damascus blade then on the raised lettering.

A great example to compare to SA High Leader Dagger by Eickhorn
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Jose,,there is alot obvious wrong with this dagger..in many ways.....I like how there is more gold gilding on the damascus blade then on the raised lettering.

A great example to compare to SA High Leader Dagger by Eickhorn
    Hi Larry,

Thank you for your comments, could you specify what are the main problems with this dagger in your opinion? Others than the incorrect fitting of the grip to the guards (that can be explained by an hasty assembling of parts), and the apparent gilding to the blade that I think is most likely due to the way the photo was taken?

In your opinion Berliner Auktionshaus is not reliable?

Again many thanks and very best regards,

Jose

Quote by Viriathus View Post
    I think the upper guard and the grip itself were incorrectly refitted after disassembled, giving that wrong impression (last photo), but the first photo of the handle shows the grip perfectly fitting both the guards. Please note, - last photo has been taken in a deep perspective, giving the false impression that the handle is thicker in the lower portion than it actually is.
    No Auction houses IMO are not reliable..its up to you to study with the sometimes poor photos provided. I think by your statement above..I would not need to point out anything further......... is $10,700 the opening bid?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

No Auction houses IMO are not reliable..its up to you to study with the sometimes poor photos provided. I think by your statement above..I would not need to point out anything further......... is $10,700 the opening bid?
    Hi Larry,

The photos really does not help. Yes, the opening bid is $10.700... In your opinion it is not good at all?

Again many thanks and very best regards,

Jose

Hi Larry me again...

See please the attached photo. I have marked in red the relative direction of both guards and it is clearly visible a significant torsion of the upper guard to the left in respect to the lower. As you can see the last one and the grip have been fitted in a correct position.

Very best regards,

Jose

?

Not worth a cup of cold cow pi$$.
    I honestly think you want it to be right but I think the guys here have it pegged. If you have 10+large to flush down the toilet run with it. Me personally, I think I would use that kind of money to go visit my friend in Hawaii for a while. A pleasant thought really.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Not worth a cup of cold cow pi$$.
    I honestly think you want it to be right but I think the guys here have it pegged. If you have 10+large to flush down the toilet run with it. Me personally, I think I would use that kind of money to go visit my friend in Hawaii for a while. A pleasant thought really.
    Not at all, I'm trying to understand why this dagger is not good! I am trying to learn about III Reich Militaria, as simple as that! Of course if I was sure it was genuine, I would buy it! These things are not that straight, what you think may not agree with what others think, and vice versa...

I have no enough knowledge to arguing with veterans, nevertheless take a look at the below photomontage, obviously colours have been uniformized to blue... One is good the other probably not. But to be honest I can not tell you why

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast