Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sa kraftsbootstandarte dagger

Article about: Hi Steve..if you are referring to the Black painted dagger above... these were period done by the NSKK or Marine mann themselves. The painted scabbard appears to be period. mainly when the o

Hi Steve..if you are referring to the Black painted dagger above... these were period done by the NSKK or Marine mann themselves. The painted scabbard appears to be period. mainly when the order came down from the SA high command..for those SA men being transferred into the NSKK..it was required to separate the 2 branches of service by painting the scabbard black ..or purchasing one. Mostly we see these daggers painted..and ever so few anodized..which some collectors are highly sought after. The majority..of the new NSKK men..were on low income..and painted the scabbard themselves to comply with the orders..to change colors. It has been said also..that some of these NSKK men misunderstood the orders..and zealously painted the whole dagger grip and all.
    We do see this once in awhile with SA grips showing traces of black paint in the wood grain. Then from here we have the misunderstanding of the marine SA having either black or brown daggers as stated above.

Mainly the Black paint order comes from the SA high command. To be honest..if it was available the opportunity to acquire an all black painted dagger grip and all.....I would purchase it as it would be an anomaly of the times..yet the dagger would be period. No doubt....but what would it be?...is it NSKK or marine SA. Some documentation shows an anchor logo on the blade tang..and the marine SA grips were dyed black ( From the manufacturer ) rather than painted.

Germany was loaded with rivers and tributaries for SA marine patrols to travel throughout...so some say that if there was a Gruppe mark on the crossguard..that it is incorrect..but who is to say..that it wasnt recently transferred SA man into the marine SA. I see no issues with Gruppe marks on SA..NSKK or marine SA daggers. There is not enough documentation on these Marine daggers to really say what was true or false. Regards Larry

Sorry for the long wind Steve..I hope I answered the paint question
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sa kraftsbootstandarte  dagger
    P
    Many

This was interesting and educational for me

Thanks sscrooge for posting!
    Thanks Larry and Ger for the information and thought!

Cheers,
    Jonas

Thanks Larry, I was interested in what you thought of it.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2