Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Sa m7/36

Article about: Hello! What do you think about this SA Dagger? planning to bid on it, so please if you see something wrong with it, let me know. Best Regards Tobias.

Default Sa m7/36

Hello!

What do you think about this SA Dagger? planning to bid on it, so please if you see something wrong with it, let me know. Best Regards Tobias.Sa m7/36Sa m7/36Sa m7/36Sa m7/36Sa m7/36

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sa m7/36
    P
    Many

I know for a late RZM type..we would expect poor fitting and craftmanship which Im seeing more poor fit.
    Overall ..the dagger is authentic ..or I should say the fittings are from the Third Reich period.

Im not too fond of seeing the tang nut showing excessive signs of plier marks ...looks like it had been opened quite few times.
    Something happened to the grip eagle

The grip to guards fit are very nice,,, and observation shows 2 different conditioned guards.
    Not thrilled with the grip eagle fit ..as there is a large hit on the wood right beneath the wreath at the 7:00 position which miraculously has not touched the wreath at all.....I wonder why
    Further observation I see 2 knife puncture marks between the 2 swastika upper legs...which would tell me..something forced this eagle inward. IMO the eagle has been replaced and possibly glued in.

IMO ....period authentic fittings IMO some not original to the dagger. Other thoughts and comments welcome.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I always miss the details, Until Larry points them out..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Larry, it's probably a "transitional" which would explain the different materials used and the RZM 36 seems to support that. I agree with you on the eagle. For me, that would also be a matter of price.

Hi Spenser..when you say RZM 36..are you inferring the 36 as the year of production ? Could you clarify?

RZM7/36 is the license number for EF Horster
    RZM M7 Makers Code List

Transitional daggers would of shown the Producer and the RZM number..up until 1939 ..which the 1939 year or being the end year also could of exhibited just the RZM number also.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Yes, that's what I meant. According to my knowledge the transitional could also be only with the RZM and and with both the manufacturer and/or the RZM. It boils down to the used materials, if I am right. But I am gladly learning new things...After re-checking this subject again: Starting 1936 both variants are possible. Manufacturer i.e. Eickhorn a n d RZM or only RZM. Materials were starting to be a mix. In 1939 it was only RZM.
    Last edited by Spenser; 01-28-2018 at 12:07 PM.