Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SA or NSKK Dienstdolch?

Article about: Hi guys! im all new to this forum but as my collecting have been taking form to a whole different stage in other words much more serious then before when i just collect stuff like EK2 and KV

Default SA or NSKK Dienstdolch?

Hi guys! im all new to this forum but as my collecting have been taking form to a whole different stage in other words much more serious then before when i just collect stuff like EK2 and KVK:s i now thinking of getting my first Dagger either an SA or NSKK Dagger but ive got a very hard time choosing between those two kinds! the budget is somewhere around 450$-800$

So i want your opinons what to choose

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA or NSKK Dienstdolch?
    P
    Many

Default re: SA or NSKK Dienstdolch?

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Either would be a good choice: all down to what makes you happy.

For me personally, an SA. If you are new to daggers, I would perhaps suggest an SA too. Some early NSKK's were repainted SA's. (Black scabbard) As a novice you might find it difficult to judge a repaint. So a safer option might be an SA?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hey, welcome to the forum.
    Same thing here!
    Also looking to get my self a better dagger.
    I am skimming all fora to see what collegues collectors have for sale, and I will go for what comes up to be the best(price, condition,addition of a hanger etc), from a reliable seller!!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Okey thx! My knowledge about SA or NSKK Daggers are not that big but it has certainly improved. im prabably going to get my dagger from lakesidetrading.com as i only heard good things about him and by that way being "sure" of the quality and it being a "real one".. and it is leaning much towards an SA just by the looks of it as it appells more to the eye of thoose two
    Did SA Or NSKK or the SS Dagger come with an Portopé (portopee) ? or is it "wrong" applying one?

The SA and the NSKK did not wear portepee's or knots to their daggers.

The Waffen SS were only authorised to wear a knot on the 1936 pattern dagger during the war.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

So now i have learnd something new and it never seems to stop!
    shame i dont have afford an SS dagger then..
    Thats the good part of Luftwaffe/Heer/Kriegsmarine daggers that its "okey" to apply a portopee to them if they dont already have one

Here is the June 1944 official annoucment in the "Deutsche Uniformen Zeitschift" trade magazine of how to wear the portepee on the SS 1936 pattern chained dagger. (SS Dienstdolch 36)

Enjoy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA or NSKK Dienstdolch?  

Very intresting! i have seen that kind of knot being tied to a SS sword but never to a dagger! i assume the knot is made in silverbullion like material?

Cheers

It is 42cm long and is aluminium which is sometimes mistaken as "silver". It looks just like the Heer Officers dagger knot as the two are identical.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I would go for NSKK. As I like the NSKK, because I like cars. But other than that, SA are just as nice.

SA or NSKK Dienstdolch?

Cheers, Pat

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast