Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA rare maker

Article about: As far as condition goes, it is slightly less than average IMO, due to the rough treatment the grip has received - but still a nice dagger.........

Default SA Dagger not sure of rating on scale of rarity

This is one of my SA rare maker rated 177 I do believe. Let me know what you think. I rate this EXC to EXC +. The blade has some chips on the edges with scabbard marking due to needing rewaxing with museum wax or Renaissance wax.
    SA rare makerSA rare makerSA rare makerSA rare makerSA rare makerSA rare maker

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA rare maker
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA rare maker

Nice example.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi aalig Thanks for posting your SA here..Im not sure what you mean by a rating of 177..and i dont have my rarity list handy...( Im sure someone will chime in on the exact number) but for sure you have a great early example. Gruppe mark "Wm" Westmark..is correct for this maker. ...one thing though..and this makes my blood run cold..what ever yuo do try not to grip the dagger blade with your hand or touch it at all..this part of the dagger is whats going to hold its worth. The hands and fingers have certain oils and salts in them that leave a corrosive residue on the blade..which over time will leave a permanent stain. Even if you Ren wax the blade..it is still not a god idea to grip the blade as such.
    Yes Plucker is not a commonly seen maker..and nice to see this one show up here on this forum. The lower crossguard fit to the scabbard fitting is perfect and tight! Nice to see that. I always liked the darker variety anodized scabbards too. A very nice example that shows character and wear from the original owner...thanks for sharing. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I know Larry I wiped down after with a terry cloth and rewaxed it. I couldn't find my cotton gloves.

If i have to touch it..I usually let the point rest on my finger tip. I know it sounds anal but the great thing about collecting these artifacts as they never depreciate! These will sky rocket in price once Thomas Wittmanns SA reference is released. Get then now while the affordable door is still open.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I totally agree Larry. I just got sloppy with my handling. Ya I need to get that book for sure!!

All I can say is it is getting real close for this massive SA reference to be released. It has been quite few years after his first announcement that he was writng an SA Reference which I wet myself when I heard of this news..this was back in 2007..so this book is long over due but will be worth the wait

?

Its not a common maker to find, in fact its a rare one too!
    nice early dagger!
    here a picture of the rarity scale by R.Siegert

Ger
    SA rare maker

I have a question about the maker,
    C.Remscheid & Co, Solingen.

Is this a rare maker for an SA Dagger?

?

Hi Chris,

buying the R.Siegert book: Die Dienstdolche der SA und des NSKK would be a great help.
    It will explain a lot about the daggers of the SA & NSKK, it also contains a list about the makers and their productions.
    a seven is not bad, but not a rarity
    Cheers,
    Ger
    SA rare maker

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast