Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SA Rohm Carl Eichkorn Dagger - not ground

Article about: Hi all, Annoyed from this ads?   I have a SA Rohm Carl Eichkorn Honor Dagger that has the message and signature intact. I've had it since 1958 when I lived in Germany. Needs some TLC. W

Default SA Rohm Carl Eichkorn Dagger - not ground

Hi all,

I have a SA Rohm Carl Eichkorn Honor Dagger that has the message and signature intact. I've had it since 1958 when I lived in Germany. Needs some TLC. What is it worth?

Experts, please chime in.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Rohm Carl Eichkorn Dagger - not ground   SA Rohm Carl Eichkorn Dagger - not ground  

SA Rohm Carl Eichkorn Dagger - not ground   SA Rohm Carl Eichkorn Dagger - not ground  

SA Rohm Carl Eichkorn Dagger - not ground  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Rohm Carl Eichkorn Dagger - not ground
    P
    Many

Hi Jack welcome to the forum...as far as the TLC..leave it well enough alone. It appears the scabbard although the same period as the dagger itself...has mismatched patina on the scabbard fittings..compared to the crossguards of the dagger. For unexplained reasons the scabbard fittings look to have a partial nicotine coating compared to the dagger itself exhibiting none. The scabbard throat was removed recently ..either cleaned or switched out.

The dagger itself is quite impressive and ( would like to see a few more close up pics of the Rohm dedication. ) Compare to these 2 sites Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals and Wittmann Antique Militaria and you will have a general idea of value. Nice chunk of change . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Humm,
    Thanks for the assessment. I can guarantee that the dagger and scabboard have been unaltered since I acquired it in 1958.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Jack welcome to the forum...as far as the TLC..leave it well enough alone. It appears the scabbard although the same period as the dagger itself...has mismatched patina on the scabbard fittings..compared to the crossguards of the dagger. For unexplained reasons the scabbard fittings look to have a partial nicotine coating compared to the dagger itself exhibiting none. The scabbard throat was removed recently ..either cleaned or switched out.
    I would have to disagree Larry.
    I see a fairly consistant patina to the whole piece. Maybe a little less dark on the reverse but quite similar.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

it was a good investment,at 1958 prices it was peanuts if you bought it.

Hi,
    Actually, I was an Army brat and a german friend of my Dad gave it to me. I am interested in selling it and trying to peg a decent price. Any ideas out there?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I would have to disagree Larry.
    I see a fairly consistant patina to the whole piece. Maybe a little less dark on the reverse but quite similar.
    Ralph.
    Photo flash possibly..but the scabbard fittings appear grungier....even under opposite lighting conditions in the 4th and 5th photos,, they both appear the same..and yes I have my glasses on Not going to dispute it further..it is early all the way.

Quote by jackal4893 View Post
    Hi,
    Actually, I was an Army brat and a german friend of my Dad gave it to me. I am interested in selling it and trying to peg a decent price. Any ideas out there?
    You could sell it here in our classifieds which Im sure will move quickly..once you obtained a fair selling price.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I would love to own one of those, but could never afford it, I am sure about 20 people are drooling right now and waiting to see if you put it in the classifieds for a low low price lol. Lets just say you can easily move to Hawaii with the proceeds of your sale...................oh wait nevermind!! ALOHA!!!

?

My 2 cents:
    Im not sure thats its an Eickhorn scabbard.
    The throatlip doesnt seem to big big enough.
    What also concerns me is the different in blacking looking at the dedication and the Motto.
    I would like to see detailed pics with no flash from both sides of the blade and a good detailed shot of the dagger in its scabbard, bot sides.

could be the bad pics but im not convinced yet that the dedication is period, and that the scabbard belongs to the dagger.
    Good detailed pics could reveal what this dagger realy is.

Regards,
    Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    My 2 cents:
    Im not sure thats its an Eickhorn scabbard.
    The throatlip doesnt seem to big big enough.
    What also concerns me is the different in blacking looking at the dedication and the Motto.
    I would like to see detailed pics with no flash from both sides of the blade and a good detailed shot of the dagger in its scabbard, bot sides.

could be the bad pics but im not convinced yet that the dedication is period, and that the scabbard belongs to the dagger.
    Good detailed pics could reveal what this dagger realy is.

Regards,
    Ger
    Thanks for the input. Took more pix in daylight. Hope these help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Rohm Carl Eichkorn Dagger - not ground   SA Rohm Carl Eichkorn Dagger - not ground  

SA Rohm Carl Eichkorn Dagger - not ground   SA Rohm Carl Eichkorn Dagger - not ground