Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Rohm dagger

Article about: whas the general opinionthe only pics i have,i know the dagger is good,but the script ???

Default SA Rohm dagger

SA Rohm daggerSA Rohm dagger

whas the general opinionthe only pics i have,i know the dagger is good,but the script ???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Rohm dagger
    P
    Many

Is the makers mark not a bit too far up the blade for a Rohm? Just thinking out loud, I'm far from expert in these.

from what I can see in the pics,it looks like the inscription is fake.ie.appears to erase the pitting in the blade.then again I am probably totally wrong.

This is a schoolboy error. Holler never even made Rohm daggers.

These are the makers:

Aesculap, Haco, Haenel, Heller, Henckels, Kober & co, Pack & Söhne, Stöcker & co( SMF), Wingen Anton, Carl Eickhorn, R.Herder, G.Hammesfahr, Sauer & Sohn, F.Dick , Ed.Wüsthof, August Merten.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

No...... and another No!!.... Holler did not make Rohm daggers... but made SA daggers...and NO..they did not use the logo shown on early SA daggers. The thermometer logo was used on mid period transitional examples. The logo below is THE logo used on early SA Examples. This variant is the name across the spine. The dagger is ruined or was a junk repro to begin with.

Kevin where did you find this thing at? Regards Larry

Ade beat me to it by 2 minutes
    Attached Images Attached Images SA Rohm dagger 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Heck theres some fake Rohms about at the minute, somebodys been a very busy boy that's all I can say.

I presume the one in the classified the other day was a fakey which I never got a response from which then went on to magically disappear?

Default Rohm dagger

Quote by Larry C View Post
    No...... and another No!!.... Holler did not make Rohm daggers... but made SA daggers...and NO..they did not use the logo shown on early SA daggers. The thermometer logo was used on mid period transitional examples. The logo below is THE logo used on early SA Examples. This variant is the name across the spine. The dagger is ruined or was a junk repro to begin with.

Kevin where did you find this thing at? Regards Larry

Ade beat me to it by 2 minutes
    Hi guys it's on Dominic winter auction next week,I'm sure actual dagger is right,just dodgy script

Your Right Kevin!!....alot of scammers are buying up Authentic but bad conditioned to good conditioned daggers...and hitting all the auctions to do it..applying a half ass job of an inscription and returning to the auction houses and hoping to gain about $2000 more out of it after paying $200 for it when it was dirty looking when the bought it.

It was good that you posted it here and brought it to everyones attention.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for sharing!
    Good to see that there are fake dedications out there that can be spotted from a mile away
    It's shameless to say the least....

?

Now we only have to wait for that RZM full Rohm blade, LOL!