Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Rohm-Daniel Peres

Article about: Hi, firends. I received it is SA Rohm yesterday - a dagger. I think that it is an early original dagger from Daniel Peris which has a false inscription from Rohm. Your opinion? Annoyed from

Default SA Rohm-Daniel Peres

Hi, firends.
    I received it is SA Rohm yesterday - a dagger.
    I think that it is an early original dagger from Daniel Peris which has a false inscription from Rohm.
    Your opinion?
    Thanks.

SA Rohm-Daniel Peres SA Rohm-Daniel Peres
    SA Rohm-Daniel PeresSA Rohm-Daniel Peres
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Rohm-Daniel Peres  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Rohm-Daniel Peres
    P
    Many

?

Yeah man they have had you by your balls with this one. Peres is not one of the Röhm makers and the Gruppe mark is not correct for this maker. But there is more wrong with this dagger I leave this up to you as study object.
    My advise is buy Ralf Siegert his SA NSKK book it's available in Russian language and a must have if you will continue collecting daggers of this type.
    Ron

I have the book from Ralf.
    I know that Ralf knows about 16 producers of a dagger of Rohm.
    What did you want to tell still?

SA Rohm-Daniel Peres

Gruppe mark

SA Rohm-Daniel Peres

?

Okay if you have the book already than read it.
    Ron

Hi Vlad...Wow a rotten start to the Christmas Holiday. Peres is not a Rohm Producer..which we thankyou for proving that on Ralf Siegerts Rohm list image you provided. The inscription is poorly executed and fat. The tang shape and marking is not one I have ever seen and will follow up later after the Holiday..on the marking. The M&V strikes me as being "May & vom Hau " producer..but doesnt mean anything at this point.

Something irks me with the grip which Im not sure of..the lower tang clearance hole is not in configuration to what is commonly seen...and the overall shape,,Im still studying. The scabbards fittings are nice and may be period done..but Im not an engraving expert.

What are the Crossguard markings?....I will cross reference later also with any other seen producers using the "Sw" gruppe mark" which does not currently appear on the Gruppe mark listing on this forum..and in my source reference.

Your assumptions are correct Vlad..it is a false inscription as you specified in your first post...you should of came here to the forum first..or spoke to us in private if you did not want to post it. I hope this did not ruin your Christmas..and paid too much for it. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi, Larry
    Crossguard has no in any marking.
    concerning A-W such marking is in the book Ralf.

SA Rohm-Daniel Peres

I received it for $500. I won't leave it in the collection. This dagger isn't pleasant to me.

Hi Vlad...funny on my part I read the tang upside down..but I will also check for the A&W in my reference material to also support Ernst Dirlam producer...who may have been sub contracted to Peres and many other small type producers for Blade blanks. Yet it is not worthy of a Rohm blade at all.

Thankyou for the information on no markings on the inside of the guards. I will still check that out for you. Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-25-2014 at 07:36 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

thanks Larry

what do you think concerning it?
    The handle( grip) of dagger has other sizes.

SA Rohm-Daniel Peres

the photo from the SS-book Ralf

SA Rohm-Daniel Peres

Thankyou Vlad for posting the grip images... as SA and SS grips have to fall within certain guidelines for fit each producer or sub contractor who made these grips..had some variances in size and shape..but mostly in girth or ( how fat they appear ) yet the lower grip trapezoid ( Triangle above the guard ) was pretty much standard in size. The Peres grip does not fit the necessary measurements or within a reasonable amount of acceptable margin. I hope you can get a full price return on this dagger..as this does not represent the early SA period..where as the grip of any dagger whether political or non political is the face of a dagger. Nothing more to say about this dagger..except that those deceivers who create this junk will (( NEVER )) get it right under the trained eyes of seasoned collectors. Early SAs can not be faked for many reasons I will not share. I wish you a quick return on your payment. Regards Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast