Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SA Rohm Ehrendolch...?

Article about: Kris have a look on lakeside trader, he has a good range of daggers and you can get a fair idea of what it's worth there, i dont want to put a downer on the dagger but the scabbard does not

Default re: SA Rohm Ehrendolch...?

Kris have a look on lakeside trader, he has a good range of daggers and you can get a fair idea of what it's worth there, i dont want to put a downer on the dagger but the scabbard does not seem to match into the crossguard, nice dagger though and its a partially ground Rhom (lazy Rhom)which are a little more expensive than a fully ground hope this helps Kris,
    best regards Ronnie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default re: SA Rohm Ehrendolch...?

Krikke,, 85 ronnies is right about the scabbard .. it does not belong to it and it is Late RZM type scabbard. Sorry to pour cold water on this and I dont enjoy being the Grim Reaper when it comes to speaking my mind,, I am not comfortable with the etching nor am I comfortable with the grinding process. My advice is to check the lettering on other Pack types and also study other grindings and professionally regrained blades from the manufacturer. The grinding process shows no signs of distress to the rest of the blade and it looks to be polished nicely on the center ridge. Why go to that trouble of doing a half hearted grind off and then polishing it? I have seen many perfectly authentic blades destroyed by adding an inscription because of its desirability, then grinding it off,, partially. Yes the dagger is real and even the late scabbard,, the grinding has some issues in etching and lettering. A real unground Rohm example will not have the centerridge worn down by the runners. These were deep etches. I see many SA/SS late types with light etching of the motto worn down by their runners,, but not all ,, depending upon the maker. Regards Larry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12