Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SA ROHM Ehrendolch info needed

Article about: I am new here and have been reading the forums trying figure out this dagger. Looks like I have a Rohm. More reading and looks like a fake or reproduction, judging by the Makers Mark locatio

jeep1115
    ?

Default SA ROHM Ehrendolch info needed

I am new here and have been reading the forums trying figure out this dagger. Looks like I have a Rohm. More reading and looks like a fake or reproduction, judging by the Makers Mark location. It is well worn and hard to read, but the makers mark doesent look like the other photos. Only word I can make out is "ZWILLINGSWE...". Any ideas. Thanks Jeep1115
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA ROHM Ehrendolch info needed  

2. # ADS

Default re: SA ROHM Ehrendolch info needed

Hi jeep1115

Looks like an SA dagger to me. Detailed picture of the makers mark, blade, crossguard, ... will help us determining authenticity.

Greetz

Nick VR

?

hi Jeep , and welcome to the forum . Zwillingswerk is part of the J A Henckles maker mark , if you can show us close up photos , as Nick said it will help opinions to be made about the dagger !

cheers Al

jeep1115
    ?

Thanks guys. Trying to get close ups but will probably have to ask the kids since I cant make this camera work. I'll keep trying
    Wayne

Hi Wayne, welcome to the forum!

The dagger looks good from what I can see already, but the Rohm dedication is the important part to see.

Take any pics out of doors in daylight. Set the camera to a macro setting if it has that feature. Daggers can be tricky to photograph though due to reflection off the blade etc.

Cheers, Ade.

Wayne that's a nice looking dagger whatever, but like the guy's say other pic's would be better, hope it is a rohm for your collection it would make me envy you
    cheer's Ronnie

jeep1115
    ?

I have only 1 of 3 pics and that 1 isnt great. will have to get the kids to help when they visit. Read the previous posts and have an "Om" on the obverse crossguard.
    thanks
    Wayne
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA ROHM Ehrendolch info needed  

Hi Wayne, is the rest of the dedication intact? i.e. the word "Ernst Rohm". Sometimes this can be ground off.

Cheers, Ade.

jeep1115
    ?

Cant see any more of the dedication, sorry.

different subject. I have a bayonet that I think is from WW1 or the between years. I've had it quite a long time. Does any one in the group know anything about these? It is quite plain and fits my 1891 Argentine Mauser. I dont have a K98 to try. I'm glad I joined this group, you brits are great. Havent been to the UK since the US sub base was closed in Holy Loch. Miss it.
    Wayne

Hi Wayne, it sounds like you have a "partial ground Rohm" dagger then. When the orders were given to all SA and SS men to remove the dedication some just removed Rohm's name, while others, the majority, removed the whole dedication.

Please start a new thread about your bayonet, I am certain someone will be able to help.

Thanks for the kind comments too!

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast