Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SA Rohm - gold mark on eagle emblem???

Article about: I posted a thread about my SA Rohm dagger a while back (http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sa-die...sa-rohm-21342/). I later noticed a small gold speck in the bottom left corner of the eagle embl

?

Default SA Rohm - gold mark on eagle emblem???

I posted a thread about my SA Rohm dagger a while back (My Full SA Rohm). I later noticed a small gold speck in the bottom left corner of the eagle emblem. Upon close inspection with a magnifier, it appears that a bit of gold fell into the eagle mold when it was being stamped. I can't seem to get a very close picture of it. Check out the picture; please share your thoughts.

Thanks!
    Gaines
    SA Rohm - gold mark on eagle emblem???

Edit: It actually looks more like the gold fell on the eagle after it was stamped. Otherwise, I assume the gold would be part of the emblem.
    Last edited by VGJ5; 03-06-2013 at 07:19 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Rohm - gold mark on eagle emblem???
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SA Rohm - gold mark on eagle emblem???

my best guess:
    it will not be any gold there, mass production of nickel/silver eagles did not need gold somewhere in the process.
    It would prop. be the factory laquer/finish that has been put on originally, and that changed its color under years of being exposed to direct light.
    Ger

Area of corrosion?....

A casting imperfection but the eagle is good. Possibly a brass base beneath the nickel. This is also common with some 1929 SA / SS eagles. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks all! It appears to be a casting imperfection, to me.