Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SA Rohm - Haenel Waffen Fabrik

Article about: Please let me know yours opinions on this dagger. Are here any red flags? Thanks for all replies! :-)

Default SA Rohm - Haenel Waffen Fabrik

Please let me know yours opinions on this dagger. Are here any red flags?

Thanks for all replies! :-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Rohm - Haenel Waffen Fabrik   SA Rohm - Haenel Waffen Fabrik  

SA Rohm - Haenel Waffen Fabrik   SA Rohm - Haenel Waffen Fabrik  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Rohm - Haenel Waffen Fabrik
    P
    Many

its in a terrible state any story with it.?

interesting, did it come out of a burned out house? Kevin.

Im Ok with this being a Ground Rohm Haenel which everything looks good to be expected from this producer....BUT...take a closer look Ladies and Gentlemen..as an enterprising Entrepreneur, has decided to test his artistic abilities and our knowledge with the use of a nice blackened paint brush tip..or a " Sharpee " and carefully..or almost carefully try to color in the inscription ..and a poor job at it.. ( see the photo below ) of where there are still traces of the original inscription s/he missed...along with the poorly conditioned blade showing excessive horizontal rubbing streaks.

The blade alone may appear to be salvaged upon closer inspection of any tang markings..over all..this dagger has suffered a horrible death..with a half hearted reanimated attempt to breathe new life into it by adding a recent black burnishing.

Haenel produced perfection in their craftmanship..along with the other 2 Suhl producers.. Sauer and Kober. Sad to see this happen to a greatly crafted artifact...and worse someone trying to make a few pennies more on the newly painted inscription covering any blemishes incurred during the heavy cleaning stage post war. See Photo below of the dual inscription. Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Rohm - Haenel Waffen Fabrik  
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-06-2015 at 03:09 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I want buy this dagger, but I don't ask seller for story because I don't collect fairy tales, only items :-)
    I established this topic to ask your opinions, particularly in originality of both etchings..

Thanks!
    Bucklemann

Sorry, but about the only thing worth buying on this dagger is the lower drag of the sheath and the leather hanger. The rest has been obliterated and is only now simply a curio...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Buckleman..of course the choice is yours to purchase..and all we can do is give our thoughts and opinions based on past study of these types of daggers. If your heart desires then purchase it..but in the present condition it is in ... you would have to make a deal with the seller to practically give it to you..as the worth of this in the condition it is in ...which I personally can not put a value on something that has been marred. The choice is yours. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Bucklemann View Post
    I want buy this dagger, but I don't ask seller for story because I don't collect fairy tales, only items :-)
    I established this topic to ask your opinions, particularly in originality of both etchings..

Thanks!
    Bucklemann
    First take a good look at this dagger, what in fact is it?
    Looking at the top scabbard fitting and the top grip guard we can see that they are burned.
    The top guard even cracked...the scabbard firring also, that flre most have been pretty hot to do that.
    Strange thing is the grip, which you know is made of wood, is still in good condition, more then strange, it should be charcoal
    Same thing looking at the hanger ring of the scabbard, its burned, but leather of the hanger is ok.
    Then the dedication: highly cleaned around the dedication: on the right the etch has lost blacking, on the left full black paint:, for sure added later.
    This dagger has so much signs left of a crime that even an blind officer can close this case...

Leave it alone...
    Ger
    SA Rohm - Haenel Waffen Fabrik
    Last edited by gerrit; 04-09-2015 at 10:34 AM.