Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SA from Silesia

Article about: So..the collections grows. This is my new one...an early SA Dagger made by Carl Schmidt & Sohn in Solingen. Stamped with "S" for Schlesien and without scabbard. The eagle is cr

Default SA from Silesia

So..the collections grows. This is my new one...an early SA Dagger made by Carl Schmidt & Sohn in Solingen. Stamped with "S" for Schlesien and without scabbard. The eagle is crisp and in beautiful shape, the engraving/etching still has almost 100 % of the frosting. I am very pleased with this one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA from Silesia   SA from Silesia  

SA from Silesia   SA from Silesia  

SA from Silesia   SA from Silesia  

SA from Silesia  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA from Silesia
    P
    Many

Wonderful SA dagger, real beauty. Great find and purchase.
    Best regards,
    Franko

Thanks, Franko

Nice SA Dagger Especially the griptoo bad there is no scabbard with it.

Regards Raf

I like these guards ,,they are the chunky in hand type..which I know you should feel a weight difference being a little more heavier.

Gruppe "S" is not as commonly found and nice to add to the type collector of Gruppe marks.
    Thegrip eagles " appears" due to the lighting to be an aluminum type and may be a period or postwar replacement.
    The stress around the eagle does not look recent.

Although a Rarity 4..yet this producer is a little harder to come by.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

It so nice to see a "one looker".

Congrats.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you all! I'm so glad about this one.@Larry, you're right it looks like aluminum on the eagle but it's not. I was concerned about the stresszone in the upper right corner, but it looks like it was not replaced in reality. It is a very heavy piece - not perfect but still a beauty.

Hi Raf, you're right. I will look for a nice early scabbard. Still, not every piece fit's the dagger as you know. Anyway, still a lot time for that. Rome was not built in a day;-)