Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Superb Early Tigerstriped SA Dienstdolch by Spitzer

Article about: This is one of the best SA daggers i laid my eyes on for a long time. It has a superb tigerstriped grip which has a perfect tight fit overall No dents in the scabbard which is fully anodized

?

Default Superb Early Tigerstriped SA Dienstdolch by Spitzer

This is one of the best SA daggers i laid my eyes on for a long time.
    It has a superb tigerstriped grip which has a perfect tight fit overall
    No dents in the scabbard which is fully anodized, its missing a bit of the Zapon laquer but thats all!
    No dent in the ball
    Nice dark silver patina on the all Nickel Fittings.
    Inlay of the Eagle and Pastille is superb.
    Blade is beautiful with lots of the Original cross grain present.
    Burnish on Motto and Maker mark is all there, it has the standard runner marks, but thats all
    I love this Piece!!!
    Enjoy the pics
    Ger
    Superb Early Tigerstriped SA Dienstdolch by SpitzerSuperb Early Tigerstriped SA Dienstdolch by SpitzerSuperb Early Tigerstriped SA Dienstdolch by SpitzerSuperb Early Tigerstriped SA Dienstdolch by SpitzerSuperb Early Tigerstriped SA Dienstdolch by SpitzerSuperb Early Tigerstriped SA Dienstdolch by SpitzerSuperb Early Tigerstriped SA Dienstdolch by SpitzerSuperb Early Tigerstriped SA Dienstdolch by SpitzerSuperb Early Tigerstriped SA Dienstdolch by SpitzerSuperb Early Tigerstriped SA Dienstdolch by SpitzerSuperb Early Tigerstriped SA Dienstdolch by SpitzerSuperb Early Tigerstriped SA Dienstdolch by SpitzerSuperb Early Tigerstriped SA Dienstdolch by SpitzerSuperb Early Tigerstriped SA Dienstdolch by SpitzerSuperb Early Tigerstriped SA Dienstdolch by SpitzerSuperb Early Tigerstriped SA Dienstdolch by Spitzer
    Last edited by gerrit; 06-20-2013 at 10:13 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Superb Early Tigerstriped SA Dienstdolch by Spitzer
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Superb Early Tigerstriped SA Dienstdolch by Spitzer

Beautiful! The grip is gorgeous and the blade is superb. Definitely a dagger I would love to own.

?

Wow Ger

Thats is a Cracker!!

Love that Tiger Stripped Grip & that lovely blade ect, ect

Congrats Mate

Best Mac 66.

?

Ger an excellent..dagger . Love the handle..I don't often look at objects & get blown away but this dagger is 101% top dollar.. I think you should donate it to the Terry-fund..lol..!!. Hopefully have a look tomorrow so have it on stand by!!!.. Cheers Terry. ps going back for another look.

Thanks for posting Ger, I am the former owner of this stunning dagger.
    I am for sure depressed at seeing it go, but am glad it is in good hands - If my pics were as good as yours, I probably could have got more for it !
    This dagger is by far the nicest I have ever owned, and one of the best I have ever seen. As already mentioned, the fittings on the grip are absolutely textbook, as are the emblems, they fit so good they almost look like part of the wood. The blade is sweet, and obviously the grip is just jawdropping ,,, All that taken together makes for one fine dagger.

Once again, congrats on your acquisition, glad we had a problem free international transaction.

superb and so are the photos.

You can go a very long time without seeing a dagger that is this nice. And even as it was treasured and cared for by its former owner, now it has a new one who will continue to care for it and preserve it for the future. Fred

?

It's certainly one of the best SA daggers I've seen in a long time Ger You sure know how to find the top daggers out there. That grip is SUPER! Can't wait to see this one in person.

Danny

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    You can go a very long time without seeing a dagger that is this nice. And even as it was treasured and cared for by its former owner, now it has a new one who will continue to care for it and preserve it for the future. Fred
    I agree FP.
    Humans by nature are possessive creatures, and like to think in terms of owning items forever. Most of us also tend to get attached to things like this, and have a hard time letting go.
    Everything we own we are actually just caretakers for, and are responsible only for maintaining them for future owners. I am glad to put it in the hands of someone that will take care of it nicely until it is time for him in turn to find a new owner. I think a piece like this will hold its value and, indeed, increase. Its condition and overall look probably put it in the top 10% of SA daggers out there if not 5%, literally. It is something that even "the guy with everything" would love to add to his collection.
    Reason I sold this is because I am into solar astronomy and recently made the decision to upgrade my scope to a $5k model, so I had to look into getting rid of a few things that ordinarily I never would have considered.

One great dagger Gerrit - Congrats. Hard to find them
    like this nowadays.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast