Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Transitional Eickhorn SA Dienst dolch

Article about: G'day Pete, we have the same double edge laws here mate. I contacted Australian customs before I imported the dagger to find out what I needed to do, I was told to contact the W.A. Police an

Default Transitional Eickhorn SA Dienst dolch

Well, gents, two days after my birthday the postie arrived with a nice new toy just cleared by Australian customs. It is a nice transitional Eichorn SA dagger. The scabbard, although showing its age, still has good paint and remains dent free. There is a small bash to the ball but it is not too bad. The dagger itself is great, some of the plating has lifted from the crossguards but there is still plenty remaining. The wooden grip is in terrific condition with no chips or scratches and very little shrinkage. The enamel roundel looks very nice and the eagle is in excellent condition. The blade has runner marks along its length but the etching is good and I can still see the crossgrain throughout the blade. Overall, the patina matches evenly across the dagger and scabbard and I am pleased to have it. Thanks once again to Paul at Lakesidetrader for another nice dagger, as always his service and professionalism were exceptional and I would happily recommend anyone looking for a dagger to have a look at his site.
    I hope you all like it,
    cheers, Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Transitional Eickhorn SA Dienst dolch   Transitional Eickhorn SA Dienst dolch  

Transitional Eickhorn SA Dienst dolch   Transitional Eickhorn SA Dienst dolch  

Transitional Eickhorn SA Dienst dolch   Transitional Eickhorn SA Dienst dolch  

Transitional Eickhorn SA Dienst dolch  
    Last edited by Larry C; 08-14-2012 at 12:12 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Transitional Eickhorn SA Dienst dolch
    P
    Many

Default Re: Transitional Eichorn SA dagger

A beautiful dagger Dave, love the look of it, got a nice patina. Look forward to seeing it in person

Jason

?

great looking dagger..............i have made several purchases from paul as well and have never been disappointed.............his service is great..........even hand delivered a luftschutz lid to my door

Sandgroper

Very nice unmessed-with dagger! SA daggers are awesome looking.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Very nice dagger. Pity about the lifting crossguard plating, but at least
    no one has tried to clean or polish it. A great birthday gift
    to yourself - Congrats.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks gents.

Default Re: Transitional Eickhorn SA Dienst dolch

Dave the dagger is a beauty for sure and I love the grip! Great condition!! What is the year under the RZM logo,, I have a fetish for that kind of stuff.
    BTW im sure someone else will want the SA Chained highleader dagger!...regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Still waiting by the letterbox for the chained dagger Larry! The year is 1939 mate.

Well done Dave very nice and a good win mate.
    Cheers cobber
    Dave
    Happy birthday for the other day mate.

Hi sandgroper nice blade.
    How did you go with customs etc.
    Ive got four blades off Paul and im havin problems with nz customs ere....stupid double edge laws we got.
    Rgds Pete

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast