Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Two SA Daggers: Authentic Pieces? A Good Deal?

Article about: by sitges1990 It is your money Adam, but the minute I see "on a budget" pop up in a thread, it must be an important consideration. I agree whole heartedly with Steve, I think the 1

Default Re: Two SA Daggers: Authentic Pieces? A Good Deal?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    It is your money Adam, but the minute I see "on a budget" pop up in a thread, it must be an important consideration. I agree whole heartedly with Steve, I think the 1st is one heck of a deal. Just trying to help you pull the trigger brother!

Jay
    I have to thank you for the input, too, Jay, as It can be a tough choice when price,
    maker, and overall condition come into play...........

Where is the one for $350 located, Adam ? ? ! ? ( Kidding ! )
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two SA Daggers: Authentic Pieces? A Good Deal?
    P
    Many

Boy do I know what you mean Steve, not a problem. I must freely admit Adam, I was thinking like Steve, that's a pretty darn good deal, I wonder where that is! All you had to do was mention budget, and selection of the first one would have been a no brainer for me anyway.

Jay

Well, Adam, I hope we have made it somewhat easier for you, and been of help..............!

And whichever one you decide upon, let us know how you made out !
    Regards,

Steve.

Smile Re: Two SA Daggers: Authentic Pieces? A Good Deal?

Thanks SOOO much for all the help and feedback, guys...it's really great since I'm just starting out with this and having to search-out authentic, quality pieces I can afford.

Hehe...I'll tell ya where I saw 'em The one more expensive dagger was on craigslist here in Los Angeles. I'm thinking I'll probably pass on that one and go for the $350 one (maybe a little less if I can bargain for it!) It's at a local antique shop here in L.A. so hopefully it'll still be there when I get paid on Friday. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be...

Thanks for referring me to that thread, Steve and for the tips. You and Jay have both been immensely helpful. I think I'm gonna pass on that Hewer dagger...something about it...maybe just too rough.

Anyways, thanks again!

Adam,

Jay and I know what exactly what you mean about being on a budget..........!

But go and put $30 or $40 down on it first thing tomorrow, or at lunch, or as soon as you can, or call them asap and leave a message - tell them to hold it for you ! !

( Been there, Didn't get that ! )

It may not last until Friday ! ! !
    Regards,

Steve.

Seriously,

Get in touch with them ASAP !
    Regards,

Steve.

Smile Re: Two SA Daggers: Authentic Pieces? A Good Deal?

Steve, you'll be glad to know I called and left them a message first thing this morning asking to put 1/3 down to have it held! I'll let you know how it goes and hopefully I'll be posting some more pictures of my new dagger soon!

Thanks again!
    Adam

Bravo Adam! Way to get on it. I know you'll be very happy with it. Steve you truely are a thinking man, I like it!

Jay

Thanks, guys. Looking at it again it's really nice... Whoever I talked to at their store said they had to get approval from the owner (ugh) but also said that usually if someone puts down a 50% deposit they then have 2 weeks to complete the purchase. Good thing too because I saw what I felt was a good deal on an HJ knife on an online auction (see other thread) and pulled the trigger on it as militaria brother Jay says

Best,
    Adam

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Bravo Adam! Way to get on it. I know you'll be very happy with it. Steve you truely are a thinking man, I like it!

Jay
    Hey, Jay !

I've had several 'deals' go south because I did not act right away, or did not ask that the item be held,
    or did not put some cash down, or simply figured it would last until the next week,
    and was very upset and disappointed with myself for months afterwards.......

And the more I look at this one, the more I like it !

I really hope you go for it Adam,
    or I'll be asking you how to get in touch with that antiques dealer !
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast