Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unusual SA dagger or...something else??

Article about: Hi all...i saw this Sa dagger with unusual rzm mark on the same side of the motto...nickel fittings and painted scabbard...too much strange to be real or someone drunk too much beer in Solin

Default Unusual SA dagger or...something else??

Hi all...i saw this Sa dagger with unusual rzm mark on the same side of the motto...nickel fittings and painted scabbard...too much strange to be real or someone drunk too much beer in Solingen the night before doing this dagger?? : shok_yikes:Name:  20150305_211205_20150305_213015.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  55.4 KBName:  20150305_211232_20150305_213043.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  65.8 KBName:  20150305_211257_20150305_213111.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  55.4 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Monday Morning application?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Ive seen this one at GDC for sale, but i have a few reservations...
    The entire dagger is an early nickel build one, with a lovely early grip (well executed rounded edges) and i doubt his words that it has a alu eagle, i think its nickel silver.
    The motto is placed way to far from the crossguard, leaving no room for a monday morning etch job.
    Leaving only 1 option left: this is made on purpose: they wanted it to be this way and they just created room for the RZM logo.
    The combo of an all early nickel dagger with an off placed Motto & the RZM logo on the front makes it a definate NO GO for me.....
    But that just my opinion

We know for fact that there were some examples of SA's with a front placed maker mark. Up to now I've only seen them on factory dedicated pieces.
    When Witty releases the new SA book you will see them there.
    Is it textbook- No.
    But guys, lots of things happened in the period that were not. For nearly every "textbook" rule you will see exceptions. Shoot that's part of the fun.
    Just cause something is not "textbook" you can not discount it as being wrong.
    As far as an RZM with early NS parts, I have no problem with this. I have seen some of these Czech makers produce RZM daggers with all NS components.
    Agree with Ger. this was deliberately made this way and likely the eagle is NS.
    Personally I like it, were I to still collect SA's I would be owning this one...
    and no, it's not for everyone.

BTW I have no financial interest in this one

Thats the lovely thing about collecting....we all have our own reasons and angles....
    For me the RZM was a VERY strick organisation leaving no room for experimental etch jobs like this blade.
    That alone makes this dagger suspicious.
    We all know that for years the true market of woodwork pieces dried up, and for one strange reason frequently daggers like this one pop up, just like the HJ Olympia's etched ones did.

There is no proof that RZM regulations accepted this kind of blades and therefore i will stay on the save side, and would not buy it.
    Could this one be real? i doubt it might be possible...

So Gents this one is for someone who loves a bit of gambling, and Las Vegas will dry out with guys like me

i take profit of this thred to show another SA dagger...there's a big difference of patina between dagger and scabbard(heavy polished?) and a little gap between lower cross guard and grip.-.. may be all normal(a real pity that heavy polishing) or may be a parts dagger?? i'm always a little bit suspectfull with personalized pieces
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pflessor 11.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	817371Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pflessor 4.jpg 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	817370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pflessor 1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	817369Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pflessor 12.jpg 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	817372

Luca i have created a Post for questions like these, please post your questionable daggers here:
    Questionable internet sales

many thanks Gerrit

is that the famous Christmas dagger?? the A of alles is different...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast