Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wondering where the really rough daggers are hiding? See how the other half lives... Warning, Graphic Images!

Article about: DISCLAIMER! This is for fun, but it's sad too... But if you don't have a sense of humor, just turn the page. I'm not looking to get put down for posting this stuff here, I know it's bad, I d

Default Wondering where the really rough daggers are hiding? See how the other half lives... Warning, Graphic Images!

DISCLAIMER! This is for fun, but it's sad too... But if you don't have a sense of humor, just turn the page. I'm not looking to get put down for posting this stuff here, I know it's bad, I didn't even know there was junk this bad out there, I've never seen anything this bad in twenty plus years of collecting.

Ok, here goes ;-)

Just logged in and had a quick browse on good ol Gunbroker, and Lordy... wow, I think I came away feeling a little sick... I had gone back on there tonight because I saw a Haco there the other day, and after reading Larry's post about Haco SA daggers... but even that one looks kind of rough, might be a bargain, who knows with pics that bad you can't tell.

if anybody wants to see some indescribably bad pieces, look at a few of the cheaper ones. There was a Kober on there, horrible, there is one for $2500 from some pawn shop in FL, it's an RZM that looks like it was run over after being found at the bottom of a lake, $2500... obviously they will still be trying to sell it when our kids are old and gray, but it's the ignorance... to think you've got a gold mine for a piece of junk like that.

And how can there be this many crappy daggers all in one place?

It makes eBay look like you just accidentally logged in to Sothebys website...

Here are a few pics, against my better judgement I'm going back to get some pics and links.

I've toyed with GB before, for gun related stuff, and you can find some decent stuff, but this is truly awful.

In most of these ads, the presentation is just wretched. It's tough to know some of these pieces ended up like this, and don't deserve any better than this while on the chopping block.

Wondering where the really rough daggers are hiding? See how the other half lives... Warning, Graphic Images!

Nazi WWII SA Dagger-Merten Maker : WW1 & WW2 Collectibles at GunBroker.com

Look at this legendary Haenel for $450, how does this happen?

WWII NAZI GERMAN EARLY SA DAGGER HAENEL : WW1 & WW2 Collectibles at GunBroker.com

E. Pack, this one is worth looking at all the pics just to see how low one of these can go... it should literally be destroyed. It's embarrassing...

German WWII SA Dagger-E.P. & S-Solingen-Bring Back : Daggers at GunBroker.com

And a Gunbroker Holy Grail "WW II German SA Dagger with Scabbard", yes folks, with scabbard. This is got to be one of the worst looking piece of dreck I've laid eyes on, and the insane price, $2500. Click on the ad just to read the 1000 word paragraphs of cut n' paste nonsense that goes with it, hell even Larry can get a history lesson here

WW II German SA Dagger with Scabbard : Daggers at GunBroker.com

This one (doesn't even have a maker) "It is in very good museum quality and would add great value to any collection." Check out the lighting and the "cool" angles... I mean what part of an ad like this can't you walk away from?

WWII SA Dress Dagger : WW1 & WW2 Collectibles at GunBroker.com

Here's a Romuso with "matching numbers", only $1500.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=536484719

The Haco, "has nice patina throughout", you'll never know just how bad it is until it is in hand and Money Orders Only... With pics like these, there's just no way to know... just how bad it is.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...=536676188#PIC

"Up for sale is this very nice collectible WWII German S.A. Dagger RZM M7/85 in great condition. It has been inspected and shows no damage on the blade and it has kept its sharpness over the years, also the wooden handle has a crack underneath of the German symbol but handle does remain with a tight grip. Scabbard has no damage to it but it does show minor paint chipS Please do view all our photos before making any decisions."

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=536346623

In case you think I'm just scraping the bottom of the barrel ;-) Lets look at a higher priced daggers and stop looking at the riffraff, this is a $1250 Malsch & Ambronn. Dagger and pics just as bad as the rest of this junk. But the "rich" background is such a step up from the first pics we saw ;-)

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=537201242

And finally a late RZM piece, cause it's getting really late here ;-)

For only $1200;

Nazi Brownshirt SA Dagger 1941 RZM M7/9 w/ RZM marked leather strap w/L2/338/41 w/ M5/71 on stainless clip. ULLES Fur Deutchland enscribed on one side of blade brown composite grips w/ SA logo 2 or 3 small rust spots RARE w/ scabbard. add 45 for USPS priority and insurance.HARD TO FIND & ORIGINAL.

Duuuude, "only" $45 shipping?

And did I say "RARE" with scabbard, or is that the 3 rust spots that are rare, I'm confused?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=536055600

Well, this should make even the lowliest SA collector here feel pretty good about what he's got, and what he paid for it ;-)

Thx Larry for letting me waste a little space here

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wondering where the really rough daggers are hiding? See how the other half lives... Warning, Graphic Images!
    P
    Many

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Thx Larry for letting me waste a little space here
    Correct, waste of bandwidth. IMO.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yes youre right. This is the picture what you encounter more and more the next days. The internet and militaria fairs are full of this type of waste. Most good examples are in the large collections and stay there often.The market begins to dry up that is very noticeable, but that makes it real fun to find a good example.

Open the hunt and buy the dagger that you would like to have. It is not too late

They truly are sad remains..
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The really sad thing is they will sell!...

>_< Hurts to look
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

With the prices the way they are for nice daggers,
    some of us can only afford the "riffraff" or "sad remains"
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    With the prices the way they are for nice daggers,
    some of us can only afford the "riffraff" or "sad remains"
    Agree but you wouldn't buy them at them prices would you?

In the state they are in it is just dead money, best save for something in better order imo.

My main focus is not daggers. So for me as someone who wants just a display
    piece or a representative example to go along with other types of daggers, I
    settled for the best example I could find in $500-$600 range. Wasted bandspace
    for you guys but it worked for me. Sure I would love to have a mint maker marked
    piece but for what I wanted to spend, a RZM dagger with a half ways desent look to it
    had to do.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wondering where the really rough daggers are hiding? See how the other half lives... Warning, Graphic Images!  
    Last edited by Chopperman; 01-17-2016 at 10:38 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

The one with matching numbers hahahahaha, just like a nice k98 bajonet hahaha.
    what was this guy thinking....??

Good thing the dagger is not that expensive...

Just want to say this post is fun and isn`t a waste of my time.

Try Ciney this april guys, you will see that it is not just the internet.

Ty for showing me!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast