Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII German RZM M7/49 SA Dagger

Article about: Hi, I was looking on Craigs list today just for the sake of looking and saw this WWII dagger. Im a bit skeptical as the seller wants \\$350 (USD) He doesnt give me any other information though

Default WWII German RZM M7/49 SA Dagger

Hi, I was looking on Craigs list today just for the sake of looking and saw this WWII dagger. Im a bit skeptical as the seller wants $350 (USD) He doesnt give me any other information though, except he says its a Friedrich Herder A.S., Solingen SA dagger. He doesnt show any pictures of visable marks or stamped logos. I dont know all that much about German daggers but let me know what you guys think?

These are the pictures he provided. Also Im trying to get my hands on my Great Grandfather's WWII stuff. My Uncle is kind of skeptical about me having it, but i want to get a glass trophy case to preserve it. Its been sitting in his basement for 60 years, decaying, and I cant let that good history go to waste. I have done some research and I know for a fact he has a German Civil Air Defense Gladiator style Helmet. If my Uncle does give me his stuff, I will post some pics for you guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images WWII German RZM M7/49 SA Dagger  WWII German RZM M7/49 SA Dagger 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German RZM M7/49 SA Dagger
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: WWII German RZM M7/49 SA Dagger

hi ace , better close up pictures will be reqd. for any opinions to be made on the dagger and $350 is a great price if it is authentic ( depending on condition ) especially as it also has a hanger attached . as for your great grandfathers items , do all you can to convince your uncle that they should be with you , and treasure them , good luck

cheers al

Thanks, Allerberger.

I contacted the seller about close up pictures, if / when he send them to me I will post them. $350 for an authentic would be a great!... i just dont have $350 to spare at the moment..

Yeah, Im trying. Unfortunetly My Uncle, like my Grandfather is a pack rat. And a lot of my Great Grandfather's things are amongst alot of junk. So I ocasionaly go over to his house and look around. Ill be sure to post pics if I find some items.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Better pics are needed, but I would give a cautious thumbs up to the dagger. But the blade does not look great.

Good luck in getting your Great Grandad's items.

Cheers, Ade.
    PS: please use the forum picture upload feature. I have edited your post to include the pics direct and not via a link.

Ok well here are some more pictures he sent... He didnt send any of a makers mark so im still a bit Skeptical... but looks genuine other wise.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German RZM M7/49 SA Dagger   WWII German RZM M7/49 SA Dagger  

WWII German RZM M7/49 SA Dagger   WWII German RZM M7/49 SA Dagger  

WWII German RZM M7/49 SA Dagger   WWII German RZM M7/49 SA Dagger  

WWII German RZM M7/49 SA Dagger  

Tell him to turn his damn flash off thats crazy. Mamybe he is trying to hide something with pics like that.

Do not buy it. The blade is just in too poor condition.

Cheers, Ade.

Mr Brownstone
    ?

I think $350 is borderline in todays market for such a poor quality specimen.
    Maybe nothing to it, but he also seems to leave the tip out of all the shots, perhaps suggesting a blunted tip.
    The blade is shot anyhow, obviously, so a blunted tip would not take that much away from it.
    On the other hand, it looks original, the scabbard looks in decent shape, the grip and emblems look Ok and it has a hanger, so it does have some value, to be sure.
    $300 would probably fly, anything less for sure.
    The scabbard alone is worth $150, hanger $100, same for the grip.
    Just ask if hes firm on the $350 or is willing to deal ,,, But if you don't have the $$ anyhow, I guess thats a mute point.

Worth about £100 for parts only

Well when i asked the seller for Clear pictures with no Flash of the makers mark and such, he swiftly replyed back that he had a commited buyer who just happend to buy right when he got my email.. I checked Craig's List and saw he closed/deleted his post.

So i was very skeptical.. oh well i didnt have the money for it any ways

But thank you all for your help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast