Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Advice on which detector

Article about: Hi, I am new to metal detecting and looking at purchasing my first detector. I am looking at searching for military relics, coins, etc. I am located in the uk but will be making frequent tri

Default Advice on which detector

Hi,

I am new to metal detecting and looking at purchasing my first detector.

I am looking at searching for military relics, coins, etc. I am located in the uk but will be making frequent trips to Europe.

Would be happy paying up to 600 and am looking for your opinions as to which would be the best detector for me.

Many thanks for your help

Robin

Default Re: Advice on which detector

If you are new to detecting I wouldn't go for a to complicated detector to start with. Also I would not advise a deep-seeker or pulse detector as you also want to dig relics and coins. Deep seekers will not pick-up smaller items like coins and small artifacts. So that leaves two options; a analog or digital detector.
    My choice would be a XP, the adventis. Thats a very easy plug and play detector, but also is very accurate and goes deeper than other detectors in its price range.
    It has auto-grond balance so its suitable for diffrent grounds, a lot of military hunters use it as well as coin hunters. If you don't like a analog detector and prefer a digital one I would say a Minelab X-Terra 705 is a very good choice.
    But what ever you decide to buy; get a good brand detector, and not something fron China or Bulgaria (like the Blisstool).

Default Re: Advice on which detector

Thanks Feuerbach

I have looked at the X terra 705 on the web and it looks a good machine. Thanks for your input and confirmation.

Regards

Robin