Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Advice on which detector

Article about: Hi, I am new to metal detecting and looking at purchasing my first detector. I am looking at searching for military relics, coins, etc. I am located in the uk but will be making frequent tri

Default Advice on which detector

Hi,

I am new to metal detecting and looking at purchasing my first detector.

I am looking at searching for military relics, coins, etc. I am located in the uk but will be making frequent trips to Europe.

Would be happy paying up to £600 and am looking for your opinions as to which would be the best detector for me.

Many thanks for your help

Robin

Default Re: Advice on which detector

If you are new to detecting I wouldn't go for a to complicated detector to start with. Also I would not advise a deep-seeker or pulse detector as you also want to dig relics and coins. Deep seekers will not pick-up smaller items like coins and small artifacts. So that leaves two options; a analog or digital detector.
    My choice would be a XP, the adventis. Thats a very easy plug and play detector, but also is very accurate and goes deeper than other detectors in its price range.
    It has auto-grond balance so its suitable for diffrent grounds, a lot of military hunters use it as well as coin hunters. If you don't like a analog detector and prefer a digital one I would say a Minelab X-Terra 705 is a very good choice.
    But what ever you decide to buy; get a good brand detector, and not something fron China or Bulgaria (like the Blisstool).

Default Re: Advice on which detector

Thanks Feuerbach

I have looked at the X terra 705 on the web and it looks a good machine. Thanks for your input and confirmation.

Regards

Robin