Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

anyone out there detecting in germany?

Article about: YOU COULD FIND THE AMBER ROOM

Default Re: anyone out there detecting in germany?

Can I recommend a couple of books by a retired and sadly very ill if not passed Bundy Col Ulrich Saft.

Krieg In Der Heimat vol 1 'Das bittere Ende zwischen Weser und Elbe'.
    ISBN: 3-9801789-0-0.
    Krieg In Der Heimat vol 2 '...bis zum bitteren Ende im Hartz'.
    ISBN: 3-9801789-2-7.

They cover the war in its dying throws but in particular mapping on a sort of town by town basis.

They are in German but the maps even I can understand.

Happy hunting!

Jock

I just want to clear up my comment. There are many many areas in Germany that are just public forests (and non-battlefields), they are not illegal to metal detect at. Very seldom is property marked as private in Germany, so asking for permission is impossible.

Having limited local language skills can cause confusion. Just clearing up that acting dumb is not to be used for illegal activity. I mostly hunt for old coins myself, however not a hunt goes by that a 50cal round or some small arms ammo turns up.

Have fun

I never had any trouble in Germany as long as I stayed off of private land. By the way, I was born in Kaiserslautern/Landstuhl and raised in Lampertheim, close to Mannheim. You are fortunate as you are VERY close to the Siegfried Line (Westwall). You shouldn't have any trouble in the woods. In the Huertgen, there are signs posted prohibiting metal-detecting, but that's the only place I've seen them (in Germany). The law that is mentioned is really referring to any digging around castles, city walls, Roman/Germanic historic sites, cemeteries and other landmarks. I agree with the earlier post that the Polizei will most likely not care if you're looking for WW2 items. In all my years in Germany, I NEVER had a problem with the Polizei, and if a Foerster "shoved a shotgun up my nose" he would be the one in deep shit, not you. Now detecting in France is an entirely different ballgame. They will take your gear and prosecute. Now go out there and find some cool stuff to show us!

I have updated the 'Laws' thread with the actual laws as the links appear broken.

http://warrelics.eu/forum/search-tec...-2/#post176872

Please be aware that laws can be regional within a country and that they can change at any time. Remember that ignorance is NO DEFENCE in the eyes of the law.

Always check with the appropriate authorities for the country you are planning to visit. Do not just turn up and 'hope for the best'.

We do not wish to prevent anyone from detecting but we do think it right that we warn people of the possible consequences of their actions. I also re-iterate that we will not condone illegal acts.

Cheers

Steve T

?

I am also in Kaiserslautern, if you are still in the area shoot me an email and we could hook up for some MD.

Quote by axepro View Post
    I am also in Kaiserslautern, if you are still in the area shoot me an email and we could hook up for some MD.
    Hello
    I'm always looking for a new area to check out. Here is me cell for future use

Rich

**Edit - Removed personal phone number from public area. Please send this in a PM to the member........you really don't want everyone having your number !**
    Last edited by Steve T; 02-21-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Oops I thought I sent a PM.
    Thanks for clearing that up

No problem I am here to serve and protect !!!

lol

Marty,

If you have Facebook search for Spangdahlem Metal Detectors Club. There are a few members that go to Ramstein and search there fairly regularly.

Brad

I have a MD and live in Baumholder, have been wanting to get out and use it for the first time but never really knew how or where to look.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast