Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best metal detector for military relics search

Article about: Hi guys, I want to start using a metal detector because I live near many battlefields and I'd like to know what do you think is the best quality/prize metal detector. thank you

Default Best metal detector for military relics search

Hi guys,
    I want to start using a metal detector because I live near many battlefields and I'd like to know what do you think is the best quality/prize metal detector.
    thank you

?

Default Re: Best metal detector for military relics search

Hi!
    If you have not used metal detector before then start with something realy user-friendly and simple like "garrett ace250", then it`s easier to move on to more complicated metal detectors.

Greetz
    Marks

?

Depends of which positions you search.
    Surface metal detector is anyway as cheap as you want, but with discrimination
    If you want more professional one, the better Gemini3 or 4, also for any of this Fisher pulse detector
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Fisher 1266 is one of the best for WWII relic hunting and easy to handle imo
    You can get this scope for around 300Euros in used condition

?

i use Whites dfx but i would not recommend it for first timers. I just love that detector

appie
    ?

Ive been searching with detectors for 22 years now, but the best detector I had so far for war-relics is the XP Adventis with a 27cm DD coil! If you dont like an analog detector, I would go for a Whites.

greenedudley
    ?

sir, I do some metal detecting in Germany and I use a fisher quicksilver . I have had pretty good luck.

?

Default Detectors

For crash site surveys I have four machines at my disposal:

Viking 10 - Very good on wet, highly mineralised ground.

C-Scope CS-990XD - My preferred machine. Very user-friendly and reliable.
    I have located parts as much as 3-4 feet deep with this machine, notably a propellor blade (31 inches) and undercarriage leg (44 inches) from a Bristol Blenheim.

C-Scope CS-2MX - 'Motion' type detector, good on large areas. Often used in conjunction with the non-motion CS-990, as it tends to mislocate the smaller items.

Fisher Gemini 3 - Deep-seeker. It took some getting used to (!), but is an invaluable machine. Has located a RR Merlin at 20-ish feet.

Don

Minelab X-Terra 50, nice lightweight machine with plenty of discrimination, however I search in all metal if I am on a known relic site, if its metal and in the ground, this machine will find it, I also use a Whites Bullseye pinpoint prbe for smaller items, extremely usefull piece of kit, saves lot of time and effort, I can also reccomend the Draper short fibeglass handled shovel, it is also light weight and very strong. Good luck. Andy

The best deep seeking (and modifiable) detector is the Whites IDX Pro.
    For 2-3 Meters I use the Whites TM 808 and for magnetic (ferous) metal I use a German EOD magnetometer, which can go down to 7 Meters plus on an aircraft engine.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast