Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Cleaning of relic in forrest camp

Article about: hi guys, does the item being cleaned have to be suspended in the water solution as apposed to lying on the bottom of the bucket/jar ect?

Default Re: Cleaning of relic in forrest camp

hi guys,
    does the item being cleaned have to be suspended in the water solution as apposed to lying on the bottom of the bucket/jar ect?

When I did mine it seemed to work very slightly better suspended. However, it still seemed to work quite well lying on the bottom

Steve T

cool,cheers Steve.learning alot on this forum!some great info,keep it all coming.
    Al

It doesn't really matter if it's suspended or not.
    U could turn it over after some time..

Yes Steve you have to be aware of the gasses that escape.
    These gasses can cost you your eyebrows but it could do more.....

cheers,

?

Hey guys,im cleaning some boys AT rifles at the moment so they are pretty big,there must be around 110 litres of water/washing soda solution(if you cant find washing soda at the supermarket then baking soda baked for 1-1/2 hours at 150 C will give the same reaction),its slow but slow is good,i built the tank from a piece of 300mm PVC pipe and glassed in the ends and drilled holes in the top edge to allow my anodes to be cable tied in place,added a drain tap in the bottom and wired it all up,im brewing away nicely now and only checking them every day to remove loose rust and check to make sure the thinner steel isnt being damaged,because of the large amount of water around the object to be cleaned i had to supply around 13-14 amps at 12 volts but the problem i found is the larger chargers all have polarity protection so you cant use them as a power supply...the cheaper models dont have this but of course that amperage is alot lower,I currently have 5 chargers hooked up and its working great.
    Ive still had to pick out the larger pieces of heave to free up layers underneath and would guess around the 10 day mark per rifle but the results are very good and you dont have to keep too much of an eye on it.
    To see pics you can jump to this thread! Relic restoration

Great stuff. Thanks for the tips Torch. Very useful info

Steve T

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4