Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

help with first metal detector :(

Article about: by brataccas kinda confused with this, you are saying the garretts are NOT awesome? or good? I don't like them. I don't think they're any better than some of the MUCH cheaper machines. WH li

Default Re: help with first metal detector :(

Quote by brataccas View Post
    kinda confused with this, you are saying the garretts are NOT awesome? or good?
    I don't like them. I don't think they're any better than some of the MUCH cheaper machines. WH likes his pin pointer (as he says above), but I manage without one. It probably does save time finding items but it makes it less fun in my opinion

Quote by brataccas View Post
    you found more than anyone else using a garrett or another type of MD? (Bit slow atm my brain that is, not been sleeping well this week -.-)
    Yes. My Bounty Hunter found more than anyone elses machine. However, read Whitehunters post. It all depends what you're looking for. If you're just after WW2 stuff, you don't need a big expensive machine.

I agree with Whitehunter about going over old ground as well. My old Bounty hunter was a 'lower' model than my new one. I re-visited a site and found twice as much as I had previously AND I was covering the same ground!

Steve T

I feel a bit like an Archaeologist with my pinpoint i like to carfully extract the item especially when it's Silver or very old, Sometimes i've taken clumps of soil home beacuse of frozen conditions

damn, now im put off getting the euro garrett one and ive just put a bid in for one on ebay XD

Euro ace is fine , good thing about that is it has a big coil so you can cover alot of ground quickly.

Don't forget the AT pro is out there too which is full waterproof

theres a euroace going for £190.00 on ebay atm, shall I go for it?

I have an Ace 250 with NEL Tornado 12"x13" coil. If you don't want to spend a lot of money, then imho you can't really go far wrong with the Ace - easy to use, robust with reasonable pinpointing (once you get used to it). I purchased the NEL coil for better depth detection (money well spent as a great coil btw). For the money, I don't think you really go wrong with a 250. Only gripe is the colour - yellow makes it look too much like a toy - but the optional control box waterproof cover sorts that out...

I need some closure.. what did you buy in the end and did you get a garrett pinpointer... if you did I know you will love it. Its by far the best pinpointer ever made and cuts the actually locating the item time dramastically. I swear by it and dont even have one yet... I still need to cash out for one.

Mouse

adamlarriva
    ?

There are many types of detectors in the market, so it is really hard to make a decision which one to buy and whee to buy. I searched the internet for a long time and then I bought a gold metal detector, which is really helpful. And when I do metal detecting outside it can really distinguish what kind of the metal that it has detected and give an indication for me. And by using such kind of device I have saved a lot of time and energy. In a word, I love the gold metal detector and have confidence in it.
    Last edited by Steve T; 02-01-2013 at 03:18 PM.

?

Well having trawled through this and read the reviews online I'm tempted between the Garret 250 and a BH Sharp Shooter 2. My current MD isn't bad but I'm looking for something that bit better and probably more durable to boot.

?

Well my new BH Tracker IV arrived today after getting it on a well known auction site this weekend just gone.

Just need some batteries now and I'll be digging various holes int he garden to get used to it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast