Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Magnets in detecting?

Article about: This is the one - they have however downgraded it to 120kg :-) supermagnete - R-60-06-30-N: Ring 60/6*mm H 30*mm

Default Magnets in detecting?

I have seen a lot of people who use magnets to get relics out of the water and I was just wondering if anybody knew where to get them?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Default Re: Magnets in detecting?

I've seen people doing the same aswell on youtube, I've got a big magnet that came out of the back of an old TV that would probably do the job. Not too sure its the best idea as you cant exactly see what you're picking up, could be a helmet, could be an unexploded mortar round

Thanks

Danny

Magnets work good only in very clean water without mud, you need very powerfol magnet, Russians from Karelia on Youtube used Niobium magnet which can lift 300kg of iron, I also bought such in Russia, but in our lakes in Kurland I could found only some shrapnels, we have a lot of mud, so all heavy stuff is deep in mud and magnet can't lift it.

What happens if you get something really heavy and you aren't able to pull it up? Will it release?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Quote by colletorww2 View Post
    What happens if you get something really heavy and you aren't able to pull it up? Will it release?
    You need to have very strong rope and if you have enough strenght it will release

Any idea where to get them?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.

Quote by colletorww2 View Post
    Any idea where to get them?
    Plenty offered on eBay, for all purpose.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I know only one site, it is site of Russian producer of thease magnets Ïîèñêîâûå ìàãíèòû

Also I know one seller in Latvia. I can help You with buying, but problem is that I can't send strong magnet by post, I can try, buy they can found it and throw out.

HVK
    ?

I did buy mine at supermagnete - Die stärksten Magnete der Welt and mine is a 130kg magnet. It is sufficiently strong - and I oncepulled a motorcucle engine up with it ! Unfortunately it was not from the war - but probably from a stolen bike... :-)

I have not yet found anything good except handgrenade parts, bullet etc. But for sure there is a lot of good stuff in the water,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast