Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Metaldetektor

Article about: Hi everybody, i will start to say my eng gramma is not the best! Me and some of my friends are thinking to make a trip to search fore WWII rellics. In Russia, we are trying now tho get all t

Sweden87
    ?

Exclamation Metaldetektor

Hi everybody, i will start to say my eng gramma is not the best!

Me and some of my friends are thinking to make a trip to search fore WWII rellics. In Russia, we are trying now tho get all the permits and so on. But i must have a detektor, and belivie me, i have searched on every online shop in the last 2 months and all of them are saying that thise model is the best, even the forums, so i turn to the people in here,

I have tryed to get an Tesoro Téjon but the don't allow the dealers to export...

Minelab musketeer advantage that nobody are selling just the pro modell that for my is a bit expensive, tho the ship cost to Sweden is up to 100$.

Fisher 1270 and Garett cx plus something.. Minelabs X-terra series? If sombody knows, i wan't to find helmets,guns and so on. A detektor with good depth and not so hard to learn and to a good price? annybody?

Srry it became much to read,thanks fore the help i can get!!

Default Re: Metaldetektor

I suggest that you go to this fellow's website on metal detecting and read his advice on choosing a detector. He has a ton of experience and has also scanned for war relics on russian battlefields.

Truth About Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting - All Info

I have met him and he is an incredibly knowledgeable individual in his area if expertiese. His advice on scanning methods and his success in his career as a finder is well known here in the US and in CIS.

Quote by Sweden87 View Post
    Hi everybody, i will start to say my eng gramma is not the best!

Me and some of my friends are thinking to make a trip to search fore WWII rellics. In Russia, we are trying now tho get all the permits and so on. But i must have a detektor, and belivie me, i have searched on every online shop in the last 2 months and all of them are saying that thise model is the best, even the forums, so i turn to the people in here,

I have tryed to get an Tesoro Téjon but the don't allow the dealers to export...

Minelab musketeer advantage that nobody are selling just the pro modell that for my is a bit expensive, tho the ship cost to Sweden is up to 100$.

Fisher 1270 and Garett cx plus something.. Minelabs X-terra series? If sombody knows, i wan't to find helmets,guns and so on. A detektor with good depth and not so hard to learn and to a good price? annybody?

Srry it became much to read,thanks fore the help i can get!!

Welcome to the site Sweden87

The site linked above is very useful. Give it a good read.

From personal experience everyone has their own favorite metal detector. I personally use a mid range Bounty Hunter metal detector (around 300 euros) and have found a huge amount with it.

The more you pay for a detector the more 'accurate' it becomes. That is, the more expensive ones are more complicated to use but tend to pick up more buried objects because they are better made. Every metal detector will detect to the same depths......it's just the more expensive ones recognise what's down there more frequently than the cheaper ones.

Whichever one you chose, (and you can't pick a 'bad' one......they all work slightly differently but are basically the same thing inside), get used to it in your back garden. Bury a coin...find it....re bury it deeper....find it again.... and so on and son on. Fiddle with the controls and get used to how it works. You'll find loads of stuff if you use any metal detector right.

Have a look at the sticky thread in this forum on 'searching tips' as well.

Hope this helps

Steve T

And one last thing......

Finding helmets and guns is no-where near as easy as you think ! I have been searching for more than 5 years now and have never found either !! I have three large cabinets full of everything BUT helmets and guns

.....I can but dream.....

Steve T

I would go for a ace 250 a really good machine to start with and on a good price range

The Garrett Ace 250 is a good machine to start with.
    I use one myself, but I l search mostly for coins and jewellery.
    A machine easy to learn and not very expensive.

Laplander

Quote by Laplander View Post
    The Garrett Ace 250 is a good machine to start with.
    I use one myself, but I l search mostly for coins and jewellery.
    A machine easy to learn and not very expensive.

Laplander
    If you guy's find any button's!!
    I am also into buttons of any kind ,military or civile; anykind of button aslong as they are old (< 19th century)!!
    I will trade for TR relic's.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Whats TR relics?

I think TR relics means "Third Reich relics"
    Please correct me if Im wrong

Laplander

Quote by Laplander View Post
    I think TR relics means "Third Reich relics"
    Please correct me if Im wrong

Laplander
    Sorry, I didn't see the question!! That is correct, I ment "Third Reich relics".
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.