Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

show your tool(s) of trade

Article about: Let's see your "pieces" here's mine, a Teknetics T2 (mod)

?

Default show your tool(s) of trade

Let's see your "pieces"

here's mine, a Teknetics T2 (mod)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture show your tool(s) of trade  

Default Re: show your tool(s) of trade

Good one that Phil!!! let's hope he hasn't had a pint when he comes on....sorry Stewy

?

Here are the only 2 tools I bring with me when digging. They proved to be the best choice at least for me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture show your tool(s) of trade  

Here's mine, minus my detector. I actually have 2 bounty hunter detectors which suit me fine for the type of areas I am searching.

So i have....

1. A 'ladies' sized garden spade (3/4's normal size, really nice to carry around and easy to fix if I snap the handle! (which I do quite regularly....both spades shown have been 'repaired' ) One stays in the boot of the car as a replacement

2. A hand scythe for chopping back the undergrowth.

3. A small hand axe. I once had to leave an ammo tin in the Ardennes as a tree had grown on top of it and the roots had locked it into the ground.....I'll never be caught out like that again !

4. A small hand spade, in case I break the big one and am too far from the car to get my back up

5. A trowel for careful digging around a fragile relic.

6. An 'L' shaped tool for hooking stuff out from under roots where smacking the root with my axe would damage the relic

All these tools have been built up over the last couple of years, with a new tool added when I had to leave behind or badly damage a relic due to not having the RIGHT tools.

Steve T

?

Oh Boy Steve you're carrying with you a gardener's full set
    I'm kidding, of course, but I cannot carry all this stuff with me, because I have to climb and hike for quite a while to reach the good spots so this would be too heavy. The round is also too rocky here to use spades or garden tools, in my early days I broke some of them before learning that!
    I have a very good spade bought in UK in my 4x4 trunk for military dumps though
    I believe this all depends on different hunting areas we live