Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Button ID

Article about: Hi Fellow collectors, this button was attached to an Austrian jacket but am convinced it is not original to the Jacket, to my untrained eye it looks to be a German WW2 type button, on the re

?

Default Unknown Button ID

Hi Fellow collectors, this button was attached to an Austrian jacket but am convinced it is not original to the Jacket, to my untrained eye it looks to be a German WW2 type button, on the rear is stamped A&S and a reversed D and non-reversed D. if anyone could shed some light on the origins of this button I would be greatly appreciative

Unknown Button ID
    Unknown Button ID

?

Update, I just checked out some other post's and have my answer...WW2 German which is great,still not sure my it would be sewn onto a Post War Austrian Jacket though???

?

Quote by Opex View Post
    Update, I just checked out some other post's and have my answer...WW2 German which is great,still not sure my it would be sewn onto a Post War Austrian Jacket though???
    Kicking around in some grandmas sewing box.

Hi opex ,glad you got sorted on this one ,for your interest ive just looked over my bgs tunic and the pebbled buttons allthough similar and from the same ww2 maker assmann are of a two part contruction ,regards james
    Regards James

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Kicking around in some grandmas sewing box.
    Most probable Steve,thanks.

?

Quote by James C View Post
    Hi opex ,glad you got sorted on this one ,for your interest ive just looked over my bgs tunic and the pebbled buttons allthough similar and from the same ww2 maker assmann are of a two part contruction ,regards james
    Thanks for checking this out James, that's useful to know buddy

Heres some closeups of WW II Nazi buttons that are unissued and secondly East German buttons(pix # 2 & #3) which are similar and are sometimes substituted for uneducated collectors.....always look at the backside construction to be sure. Photos enclosed. The epaulette photo is included for educational purposes.Best
    Fast
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Button ID   Unknown Button ID  

Unknown Button ID   Unknown Button ID  

Unknown Button ID   Unknown Button ID  

Unknown Button ID  

?

Many thanks for clearing this up for me fast,most appreciated