Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Post war Imperial Naval wound badges...........

Article about: Gentlemen, just picked up a trio of Imperial Naval wound badges, all three IMO are post WW2 veterans replacements, two of the awards, the Gold and Silver are of the "Assmann" desig

Default Post war Imperial Naval wound badges...........

Gentlemen, just picked up a trio of Imperial Naval wound badges, all three IMO are post WW2 veterans replacements, two of the awards, the Gold and Silver are of the "Assmann" design, their design featured differences in the sword handles, anchor (top) and less defined pebbling than the other known design used by St u L............ it is my belief that they are made by Assmann, sometime in the 1950's-1960's. The rear hardware is similar to that used by St u L in their 1957 range of awards, coke bottle stylised pin and an open style hinge block combined with a large "c" catch are all used on Assmanns pin back awards in some combination,and remember it is known that Assmann used/sourced St u L parts in their production of 1957 replacement awards through out the 1960's, so why not on an Imperial range ?
    The Black version is as I have hinted of the St u L design but features distinctive and unusual rear hardware, I have a 57er wound badge with the same set up, which is believed to be of St u L origin..........all are non magnetic. I will let the images tell rest of the story.................I know these badges are heavily faked, but the fakes/repros tend not to use modern style (as in 57er) pins and hinges, opting for the Imperial style of fasteners(pins/hinges).
    I beilieve the badge shown in post #1 of this thread to be a Assmann produced post war replacement...... https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...good-bad-8174/
    First up images of all three badges, then the Assmann badges and lastly close up images of the Gold Assmann......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war Imperial Naval wound badges...........   Post war Imperial Naval wound badges...........  

Post war Imperial Naval wound badges...........   Post war Imperial Naval wound badges...........  

Post war Imperial Naval wound badges...........   Post war Imperial Naval wound badges...........  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post war Imperial Naval wound badges...........
    P
    Many

now the Silver Assmann................
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war Imperial Naval wound badges...........   Post war Imperial Naval wound badges...........  

and finally the St u L black version, shown next to confirmed 1957 black wound badge for rear hardware comparison..........
    Prost ! Steve.

Post war Imperial Naval wound badges...........  

Image of a page from a pre war Assmann catalogue confirming their design of the Naval wound badge.......
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war Imperial Naval wound badges...........  

nice find.

The silver and gold are most interesting, never seen this hardware combination before. Good finds Steve, thanks for showing!

Are those coke bottle pins magnetic?

Regards

MAP
    ?

Does anyone have an original WWI Imperial Naval wound badge (black) to show? I've searched this site but could not find any to compare to these or the one I have.

Thanks! Very informative thread!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hello Michael
    Here is a 2011 thread that may be of help.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...chwartz-71975/

Regards
    Brett

MAP
    ?

Quote by Brett View Post
    Hello Michael
    Here is a 2011 thread that may be of help.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...chwartz-71975/

Regards
    Brett
    Thanks for finding this.....Was using the wrong terminology. I'm down loading some pics now and will post in a new thread. Looks like mine matches with the thread you gave me so hopeful unless it's a fake and not a post war reissue.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Nick Hessens View Post
    Are those coke bottle pins magnetic? Regards
    Non magnetic Nick...........over on WAF a well known collector has confirmed that the Gold & silver are from the original Assmann dies ! so genuine, albeit post WW2 versions .................
    just have to I.D. time frame......I am erring on the side of late 1960's to early 1970's.
    Prost ! Steve.