Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Afrikakorps Feldflasche COMPLETE Coconut Canteen

Article about: Hey mates.. Look what just flew into my mexican Bunker... A complete DAK (?) german WW2 "Coconut" Tropical Canteen with its Straps and F7 / 5 marked bakelite cup. I think / hope th

Cool Afrikakorps Feldflasche COMPLETE Coconut Canteen

Hey mates..

Look what just flew into my mexican Bunker...

A complete DAK (?) german WW2 "Coconut" Tropical Canteen with its Straps and F7 / 5 marked bakelite cup.

I think / hope that it is all original..

And i am happy like an Iguana eating a Papaya in the Sun

And as i know that there are several Coconut lovers outthere, so i wanted to share this one with you, so it can be used to compare, discuss, analize, and all that highly intellectual stuff we like to do here
    How valuable are those canteens these days?

Any thoughts or comments are welcome, as always..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrikakorps Feldflasche  COMPLETE Coconut Canteen   Afrikakorps Feldflasche  COMPLETE Coconut Canteen  

Afrikakorps Feldflasche  COMPLETE Coconut Canteen   Afrikakorps Feldflasche  COMPLETE Coconut Canteen  

Afrikakorps Feldflasche  COMPLETE Coconut Canteen   Afrikakorps Feldflasche  COMPLETE Coconut Canteen  

Afrikakorps Feldflasche  COMPLETE Coconut Canteen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrikakorps Feldflasche  COMPLETE Coconut Canteen
    P
    Many

Looks good! Pity about the broken cup but bakelite is a brittle material and at least you know it is an original one, not a plastic copy.

As will be pointed out, these are not DAK as most are marked HRE 43 and while probably intended for Africa, were used in other hot climates like Italy and southern Russia.
    I would guess that these are thin on the ground in 'Meccicco' and I would be happy too ...... enjoy the papaya!!!

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

some more pics of that canteen.. Indeed its 1943..
    I also own a 1942.. might that one be more african as the ´43?
    The 1942 seems a little bit smaller than the 1943.. but it might be a visual effect only because of the straps and stuff..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrikakorps Feldflasche  COMPLETE Coconut Canteen   Afrikakorps Feldflasche  COMPLETE Coconut Canteen  

some more pics ..interesting markings on the clip and metal strap-endings.. and on the bakelite cup.

Very nice canteen you got there Iguana!!!

I would love to own one some day... How about taking yours?? Afterall you're just a lizard and i'm the Lizard King!!!!

nice find.

Though always thought of as Afrikakorps/DAK/Tropical there is only one picture known showing one of these in use that could possibly be linked to use in North Africa and that is among a group of POW's on the train to captivity. That said there are I think some that are Vet bring backs from Africa to NZ.

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

You have a nice example friend.

Cool

Silence on the cheap seats Lizard King, for i am Jim Morrisons Father, BB Kings cousin and Lucy in the Sky's older brother..

I am glad that the canteen has been approved and liked. I loke them a lil bit more than their felt and leather and metal sisters.. and for the broken drinking cup.. thats pure mojo.. i guess it got hit by british tank shrapnell near tobruk during heaviest fighting shortly before its brave owner got his Ritterkreuz zum eisernen Kreuz... more or less that must have been the story....