Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with I.D. of stamps on black triangle armband

Article about: I can't make out the two stamps on this armband. Can anyone identify them? I believe one stamp is from the prison camp, and that's what I really want to identify, which camp. Is there a diff

Default Need help with I.D. of stamps on black triangle armband

I can't make out the two stamps on this armband. Can anyone identify them? I believe one stamp is from the prison camp, and that's what I really want to identify, which camp. Is there a different forum topic I should post this to?

Thanks!

Need help with I.D. of stamps on black triangle armbandNeed help with I.D. of stamps on black triangle armband

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with I.D. of stamps on black triangle armband
    P
    Many

Typical of the many fake KZ armbands on the market with the multiple stamps. Any period general armband with an issue stamp would require only one stamp.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

That's the thing though...it came out of my neighbor's attic. The guy died 10 years ago and last week his widow wanted help cleaning out the attic and this one of the things she let me have. This was with some other items he brought back including a nice P38 (which she kept for her son who lives out of state).

Any KZ-Related Armband has to be regarded with suspicion as the market is literally flooded with fakes designed to deceive...I can only decipher "Sicherheitspolizei" (Security Police) on one of the stamps...sorry I can't be of more help here, but without capture-papers or some sort of solid provenance it's a tough call...
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images Need help with I.D. of stamps on black triangle armband 

The black triangle denotes arbeitsscheu (work-shy), but it covered mentally ill people, alcoholics, the habitually "work-shy" and draft dodgers etc!...

At times, vets picked items up post war. Finding among a vet's souvenirs is no longer rock solid provenance.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

This "asocial" (w/ref. to the prisoner identification symbol present) marked armband, as mentioned earlier, is not a genuine item.

The thread below shows a similar piece, albeit marked incorrectly with KL-Buchenwald Kommandantur markings:

Camp armband fake?

Carl

note: The black triangle was used to denote as a basic identification symbol for asocial prisoners - yellow triangles were placed below, forming a Star of David symbol, to designate Jews (in the pre mid-'44 period) with the yellow triangle being replaced later by a simple vertical black band above the triangular cloth patch.