Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Political Armband - Authentic or Fake?

Article about: Pic 1: tmp_25090-P280710_04.57136710... : Free Image Host. Pic 2: tmp_25090-P280710_04.57_[01]2... : Free Image Host. Hello, I am new here and new to collecting uniform related insignias/pat

Default Political Armband - Authentic or Fake?

Pic 1: tmp_25090-P280710_04.57136710... : Free Image Host.
    Pic 2: tmp_25090-P280710_04.57_[01]2... : Free Image Host.

Hello, I am new here and new to collecting uniform related insignias/patches. Recently, a gentleman offered to sell me this armband claiming he received it from an old German man that recently passed away. He is asking for $100 (Canadian) and also says it is worth $280. I believe his asking price as well as his estimate are way too low if this is an authentic piece from ww2. There is no tag present on the reverse which is one red flag I have. Perhaps it fell off or was torn off? Yes this is a possibility. Also, there is no insignia pin on the center of the swastika. Again, perhaps it fell off/stolen or maybe this was a low level leader's band and there was never any insignia pin in the first place? What are your thoughts on this piece? If authentic, what do you believe it is worth in its current state? If this is a high quality fake, is there still any value if it was sold as such (wardrobe/re-enactment prop)?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Political Armband - Authentic or Fake?
    P
    Many

Update: I asked the seller to double check to see if there was a label on the reverse side of the armband. He claims there is a label with an arrow pointing to a German word. From my research, this doesn't seem consistent with known labels for authentic bands. Ideas?

Hello and welcome to the best forum on the planet with tons of knowledgeable people.

Please try to refrain from using outside sources to host pictures and asked in this thread....

Posting images using non-forum image hosting websites - IE. Imageshack , Photobucket & etc

I have downloaded your pictures, as you may get a better response

I have attached a picture of what it should look like, yours appears to be a Kreisleiter level armband.
    The photos you supply are not the best, and I will refrain from making a quick judgement, but I always go with my gut feeling
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Political Armband - Authentic or Fake?   Political Armband - Authentic or Fake?  

Political Armband - Authentic or Fake?  

From the images, this appears to be a period original 4th pattern political leader armband. It should have an arrow on the backside to indicate topside up for the tailor. This may be any early example before that innovation was incorporated in to the manufacture. Can you clarify what color the top edge piping is?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

look fine to me too.

Thanks for the replies! I am sorry in regards to the links, newbie mistake!

I can't confirm whether the piping is white or light blue until I actually see the armband. If it is blue then would that make it an Ort level band which never had a pin? If the piping is white but missing the pin then I assume it would affect the value?

What are your best estimates on the value for this piece? Is $100CAD fair?

?

Quote by Liberty Watts View Post

I can't confirm whether the piping is white or light blue until I actually see the armband. If it is blue then would that make it an Ort level band which never had a pin? If the piping is white but missing the pin then I assume it would affect the value?

$100.00 CAD would be a very good buy friend.

If you don't want it I will buy it.

Welcome to the forum Sir.

Please note that the forum is not intended to be your free estimating service. We are educational which we have been by authenticating the piece for you. If the piping is blue, the armband would be for the rank of Ortsgruppenleiter. If it is white, it would be a Kreisleiter.
    BOB

Oh absolutely Bob and thank-you for the crash course on armbands! Also, a thanks to all the members above! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting duped by the seller! =P

Oh absolutely Bob and thank-you for the crash course on armbands! Also, a thanks to all the members above! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting duped by the seller! =P
    That is what our purpose is. Good luck on obtaining the armband.
    BOB