Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40: Authentic WW II?

Article about: Dear all, May I ask you about this M40 please? For me it look's okay. But what do you think about: Authentic WW 2? With best wishes alter musketier

Default M40: Authentic WW II?

Dear all,

May I ask you about this M40 please? For me it look's okay. But what do you think about: Authentic WW 2?

With best wishes
    alter musketier

M40: Authentic WW II?M40: Authentic WW II?M40: Authentic WW II?M40: Authentic WW II?M40: Authentic WW II?M40: Authentic WW II?M40: Authentic WW II?M40: Authentic WW II?M40: Authentic WW II?M40: Authentic WW II?M40: Authentic WW II?
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40: Authentic WW II?
    P
    Many

It's been around the block a time or two, but I like the looks of it. Looks like it has some reminants of a off color green paint but hard telling as the patenia has set in. Love named lids, and it looks like this one has two of them! Good find

MAP
    ?

I don't see anything wrong from these pictures.

One thing, I see two round liner pins and one flat. But maybe just my eyes. Not always a bad sign from what I have read on posts here. Could be war time replacement. But could also mean the line was replaced post war. What do the split pins look like on the inside?

Best if someone with more experience chimes in on this.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks good to me, no real worries. Leon.

The liner band is pretty well loosened from it's appearance. I always like to see the bands tight as can be and just about form fitted to the shell. I'm thinking that this liner has either been replaced or else taken out and put back in not all that well.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Is this the one currently on eBay.
    Last edited by busman; 04-07-2016 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Miss spell

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your evaluations. Yes, it's at Ebay at the moment. I think I will keep my feet calm because there are concerns about colour and especially about the liner. IMO the liner looks a bit pressed into the shell.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917