Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Japanese army helmet type 90: Authentic WW II ?

Article about: Dear all, May I ask you about this helmet please? What do you think about, authentic WW 2? With best wishes alter musketier

Default Japanese army helmet type 90: Authentic WW II ?

Dear all,

May I ask you about this helmet please? What do you think about, authentic WW 2?

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Japanese army helmet type 90: Authentic WW II ?Japanese army helmet type 90: Authentic WW II ?Japanese army helmet type 90: Authentic WW II ?Japanese army helmet type 90: Authentic WW II ?Japanese army helmet type 90: Authentic WW II ?Japanese army helmet type 90: Authentic WW II ?
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Looks ok to me. Seems like the chin strap is detached on one side but that may be repairable. Someone with a knowledge of Japanese may be able to decipher the writing. NH

Interesting .... the writing is parallel to the rim. I cannot read the first "boxed" kanji, but the last two:

工藤
    Kudō/Kudoh
    [a surname]

--Guy

Alter,
    Great looking type 90. These helmets keep going up in price I am glad to see you got one for the collection. As for the liner, I put a plastic bag under my helmet to take the pressure off the liner.
    I like the helmet. Nice score. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

I'd like to see a closeup pic of star

?

Nice helmet.

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your evaluations. Here are pics of the star. Any concerns about?

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Japanese army helmet type 90: Authentic WW II ?Japanese army helmet type 90: Authentic WW II ?Japanese army helmet type 90: Authentic WW II ?
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

It's fine.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Looks good to me as well. As noted, these are getting quite expensive.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm envious because I want one! As posted, these are getting expensive. You can't touch one for less than 600 US and most I have seen hover in the 800 to 900 range. Hope you got a good deal on this original. NH

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast