Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help please with these boots!

Article about: Hello everyone, I have a question please about these boots if anyone is willing to help. Are they military or civilian? They are constructed in heavy duty pebbled leather, have a toe cap wit

Default Need help please with these boots!

Need help please with these boots!Need help please with these boots!
    Hello everyone, I have a question please about these boots if anyone is willing to help.
    Are they military or civilian? They are constructed in heavy duty pebbled leather, have a toe cap with brogue styling, solid leather construction. quite heavy. They look and feel like Army boots but I have never seen anything like them. There is a pair of 1925 army boots on this forum which look similar, but mine do not have a 'heel' section and are smooth at the back of the heel. Smooth leather soles with nails showing in the leather. I suppose they could be civilian but I don't know. Also similar to the USMC boots of the inter war years. How old are they? Thee are no markings on them from what I can see.
    If anyone can help it would be most appreciated! I'm new to this forum so I hope I have done this correctly.
    Cheers Andy

I've just seen some WW2 private purchase Home Guard Ammo boots on WD Militaria website the dealer says very rare purpose made for Home Guard? Mine also have the cloth pull strap to help get the boots on...mine have "HOLDFAST" on the cloth puller. It is possible my boots were originally brown and dyed black later? My boots are a dead ringer for the ones on WD Militaria except for the brogue styling on the toecap. Construction of the boots is identical ... I'd like to know what other people think.

?

Need help please with these boots!maybe a light or postwar 'de-mob' version of the hobnail/cleat; or as you say wartime home guard. here's a full-scale unissued version of the former, dated 1945, with broad arrow

?

so a guy says the ones I posted are wwii australian army jungle boots and that sometimes they got de-cleated postwar. yours look similar tho maybe not to chunky.

?

Yes, Aussie boots. They will have a manufacturers code stamped on them, a letter for the state followed by some numbers. Here are one of my pairs. Crates of these have turned up over the years from army warehouses over here.

Need help please with these boots!

Oz.

?

thanks - another great pair! mine are S310. so, very little value, then? happy collecting, david

?

They certainly have value David!
    S = South Australia.

Oz.