Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please check this 4/79 for authenticity

Article about: The second buckle I have is a Hillenbrand and Broer. Supposedly. What do you folks think? Is there a book with illustrations you would recommend on this topic? I need some serious instructio

Default Please check this 4/79 for authenticity

The second buckle I have is a Hillenbrand and Broer. Supposedly.

What do you folks think? Is there a book with illustrations you would recommend on this topic? I need some serious instruction and everyone here makes it seem so easy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please check this 4/79 for authenticity
    P
    Many

A nice and not so common buckle
    I own the book "German belt buckles 1845-1945" by Peter Nash. It's pretty good but I'll have to buy the Angolia book too I think.
    "Belt buckles & brocades of the Third Reich": John R Angolia

But this forum and the buckle maniacs here have helped me very,very much. Study the forum hard and use the search engine.

Here is mine:

?

Retsiger, Books are good a can be a useful tool... But be aware that some are outdated and have mis-information.. I would suggest the "Search Engine" tool as a supplement in judging yourself as to authenticity and when in doubt ask here first if possible to avoid $$$ down the well.. Their are subtle differences between your posted buckle and Wewelsburg's G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Retsiger, Books are good a can be a useful tool... But be aware that some are outdated and have mis-information..
    Very good point G.

Excellent! I will look for those titles. This is a real boost to my mindset after finding out some irems I have are not genuine.

?

Quote by Retsiger View Post
    Excellent! I will look for those titles. This is a real boost to my mindset after finding out some irems I have are not genuine.
    It Happens... Most forum members have been taken for a "Ride" if you will at one point or another in their aspiration of a "Relic"... This should not happen if one studies in his / her ( P.C. ) "Theme or Realm" of interests.. The exception is of course 'The S.S." if one wants to obtain these particular pieces it is a "Minefield" IMO that takes many, many years of distinction and prowess with great attention to detail.. G

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Their are subtle differences between your posted buckle and Wewelsburg's
    This borders on the cruel and unusual. can you briefly give me some pointers on the differences, when you can spare some time. Think of me as Schultz...I know nothing.

?

The die process could have been different when during construction.. Although the one buckle has an indented maker mark and the other is raised... The prongs look similar and it may be the photos IMO
    Attached Images Attached Images Please check this 4/79 for authenticity  Please check this 4/79 for authenticity 

Excellent attention to detail. Raised vs indented marks. It does seem like that maker's mark would have to be in the actual die.