Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Looking for RZM Herstellungsvorschriften

Article about: Hallo! I am totally new to this forum and this is my very first thread and a kind request. Currently I am working on a short study about the SS Totenkopf for my university in germany. I try

?

Question Looking for RZM Herstellungsvorschriften

Hallo!

I am totally new to this forum and this is my very first thread and a kind request.

Currently I am working on a short study about the SS Totenkopf for my university in germany.

I try to get to know: HOW DID THE RZM COMMUNICATE THE MAKING REGULATIONS FOR THE SKULL ITSELF ON THE HAT?

There exists the "RZM Herstellungsvorschriften - Katalog der Reichszeugmeisterei" and I estimate that there are some indications....

Sorry, but as a student I don't have the budget to buy one of the PDF-Copies and I have no access to it 'cause it is not available here. So PLEASE can you help me with my research in that book?

Thanks/Danke

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for RZM Herstellungsvorschriften
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome.
    In the source you mention (Mitteilunggsblatt der RZM) nothing is said how a skull should be made,
    nor in an issue, nor in the 1936 or 1938 regulations about manufacturing. Maybe this disappoints
    you. If you are looking for ten-thousands of adresses from manufacturers and such, then it will be of
    interest.
    Many people think, one can find about all in that RZM-source, but this is highly exaggerated. I would
    not know where you can find the information needed! Maybe another member knows and is able to
    assist....

?

Thank you so much for your answer!

For me to understand thsi right: Isn't there a difference between "HANDBUCH der Reichzeugmeisterei" (820 Pages, Munich 1935) with the adresses, like you said, and the "Herstellungsvorschriften - KATALOG der Reichszeugmeisterrei" (216 Pages, Munich 1936), which I am looking for?

The "Mittelingsblatt der RZM" was merely like a magazine which was published frequently for years, am I right?

Looking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenThe Mitteilungsblatt d RZM came into existence in 1934. It was published bi weekly until 1944, I believe.

Here is an example.

- - ------- - -

It contained in the years 1934 and 1935 a section on the SS, such as it is. We have excerpted a lot of these articles.

I downloaded the years '34 and '35 and we have extracted here much on the SS of relevance.

The Herstellungsvorschriften of which Looking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenI know are reprinted, are from the year 1936, and contain little about the SS. Wim and Mr. d'Alquen have excerpted relevant
    orders and such about SS regalia in our threads.

Looking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenThe Handbuch was printed in 1935, but it is really just a list of all the licenses at that time. Wim has a comprehensive list of the licenses over time.

I own a copy of the handbook, but it has been digitalized and costs Euros 150.

Looking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenIf you look closely here, we have a lot of material of a significant kind for your research.

Your SS Totenkopf took many forms, of course, as the this kind of insignia was worn in different ways, i.e. on the cap, on the collar of the jacket, etc.

Let me also say that certain on line personages who aspire to expertise in this particular item have not always done sound historical research.

Our very own Wim, however, is a superb researcher who has published many fine books on Nazi regalia in its rich variety.

Moreover, certain on line myths and legends about SS uniform have no basis in fact, i.e. that Hugo Boss "designed" the black SS uniform and so forth.

Looking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenLooking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenIn the sections of the Mitteilungsblaetter and or the Herstellungsvorschriften, there are specifications on how an item is to be made.

Such specifications for items of SS uniform, insignia, etc. are actually rather scarce versus, say, the SA, NSDAP, HJ etc.

Wim's book on headwear has the best description of the manufacture of SS cap insignia I know.

You are welcome to use the photographs from my collection from your paper. Just credit this site as the source.

Also make you sure you, yourself, have proper scholarly and or political motives. This site contains knowledge about the past, but wholly rejects the political aims
    which are undergoing a renaissance at the moment. We do not support the latter at all.

Looking for RZM HerstellungsvorschriftenIn addition to Wim's books, you also want to look at Andrew Mollo's seven volume history of SS uniform, which remains the best there is, even if it is dated being from the later 20th century. Some of it is digitalized.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast